PDA

View Full Version : Anyone This Bad ???

Sit2Know
16-07-12, 13:30
I have recovered from severe anxiety several times in my life and had years anxiety free. In 2007 with moderate stress it came back and I have been the worst I have ever been.

I sleep about 3 or 4 hours and wake up with an electrical feeling in my body that progresses to severe muscle pain, feeling agitated to the point I want to go screaming out of bed and run down the street. Every stupid thing I think about gets turned into an assault. I lay there and suffer until morning so as not to wake my wife.

When I get up I am so agitated I feel like I am going to explode. All day I have dozens of horrid physical symptoms and I cant cope with even the most minor stress. I have what I call nerve explosions just having normal thoughts and these hits happen all day long. It is like any stimulus makes me insane – just seeing a coffee cup on the counter jolts me

I guess I have what is called extremely sensitized nerves but good God this is beyond sensitized.

I have tried every class of anxiety medications and had severe adverse reactions to them all – some lasting along time. I have two therapists I have to work with on the phone because driving is too stimulating. I am not afraid to drive but I start to shake and feel like I am going to go insane with the stimulation

We have a perfect organic diet, I have a wonderful relationship with my wife, we are financially OK even though I cant work and I have no outside stress. I walk a lot to endure the pain and I ride my bike 10 miles a day – I meditate so what else can I do.

If it were not for my wife I would have terminated myself – this is beyond any pain I have ever felt – I never have a better day or hour and I don’t know what to do.

Has anxiety made anyone else this severe – all I do 24/7 is white knuckle cope.

Thanks for reading and responding.

gypsywomen
16-07-12, 13:41
the mind is a powerful thing ,,i went through what your going through it lasted 6 months i didn't want to get out of bed ,in the end i knew i had to face my fears or i would have become a cabbage ,,my choice was to fight to get better and it was ,i re programed myself ,i still get bad days but cope much better,,,so all i can say is if you face your anxiety full on sometimes it does work ,i hope you feel better soon

PanchoGoz
16-07-12, 14:58
You poor guy :( I really feel for you. Sending my love to you.
All I can suggest for immediate relief is take a moment to just stop. Release yourself. Lie down and relax every muscle in your body for a good hour - light insense - candles - have a bath - anything to just relax you for now. Importantly, face and address any thoughts that come to you during this time...
You are constantly being chased by your anxiety thoughts. You feel like you are running away from a tiger, you think you are too. You will find though that if you sit down and say to yourself "come, thoughts", they will not appear. They are even more scared than you are, and when you look at them in the light of day in a situation where you feel in control and ready to tackle them, they shy away! Some tiger! For a situation like this, you can write your scary thoughts down and tackle them in this moment, bring thme to mind and face them and expose yourself to them until they are no longer scary.
When you feel sensitized to everything, as have I, I have found on examination that there is an undercurrent of constant mind chatter and also a bed of unconscious thoughts underneath that I can't really access. I have found it helpful to just address anything and spend time on letting it do what it wants to me, without judging it, everyday. I remember you doing mindfulness a while back. Has it not worked out for you? I found I just kept forgetting about it and never got round to thinking about it and it all became rather pointless, but I can now see the benefit of it again. I know exactly how you feel with feeling insane rather than just anxious. This is just the anxiety playing tricks on you, believe me. If you can just find a safe time in each day to let this stop and be safe in it, at least you will have that to look forward to.
may i suggest CBT4PANIC or Claire Weekses Self Help For Your Nerves if you haven't tried either of them already, they changed my life.

Please if you get desperate, http://www.samaritans.org/ or 08457 90 90 90.
PM me if you want to chat, hugs to you :hugs:

shadowplay
19-07-12, 05:05
I'm so sorry you're going through this but you are not alone. I have the same exact problems and I'm at my wits end. I spend that day trying to convince myself I'm not going mad. I know we'll get better eventually, just by being strong and trying to clear the damn thoughts that drive this endless cycle.
We can both get better day by day.
Good luck and please keep posting as it helps me to know I'm not alone too.:flowers: