PDA

View Full Version : daily pains and symptoms. help?

AmyBun
16-07-12, 13:44
Hello, Im 20 years old and i have chest pains/pressure almost daily different types of pains in different areas of my chest.I get stabbing pains inside my throat. I get shortness of breath almost all day i get ALOT of different weird breathing problems throughout the day actually. Headaches, neck and back pain. Sometimes i feel like my heart stops cause i cant move or talk it only last like 2 seconds.( this makes me panic easily) i get body spasms and twitches. Body jolts mostly when sleeping. My hands, arms, face etc. go numb and get the tingly sensation. i get sharp pains in my fingers and toes. Blurry vision seeing little sparks of light. and i also see floaters. I get unbalance and vertigo and i get dizzy often. I have depersonalization. Sore throats feeling like stuff is always stuck in my throat weather its a lump or mucus. These are just like 1/4 of the things that i get on a daily basis.

Well the first time i got chest pain was a burning sensation i went to the doctors and they told me it was heartburn so currently on prilosec.
i find it weird i have heartburn because i eat very healthy then most people my age, i don't drink or smoke or even drink soda. so idk how i got GERD.

I have had blood test done about 4 months ago, got tested for many things and everything was normal. Later i got chest x rays and it was normal.
i been to the ER several times with complains of pains on different parts of my body and breathing troubles. they keep telling me its just anxiety.

I don't have a job or go to school anymore because of this. every minute of the day i have a pain somewhere random and trouble breathing and bad DP.
Just wondering if this is normal part of Anxiety?? I always think that i have MS or Fibromyalgia. im just not normal i cant go a day without feeling pain. i'm always depressed because of it. Anybody else go through this?

Sorry if this is a long post, any advice would help, thanks.

Jon1979
16-07-12, 15:21
Hi Amybun

I get all of of the symptoms you have listed and more. I get a new one every day :). I also get really bad heartburn sometimes, which again is caused by my anxiety (although I have been known to eat rubbish, which probably does not help!)

I know you say you have been to your Dr and had tests but I would say its worth going back to discuss your options. I take propranolol and citalopram and I have also been referred for CBT.

Jon :)

AmyBun
16-07-12, 23:06
thanks for the reply Jon ! (: makes me feel better im not the only one. and like you said i get a new one everyday to. I am currently just starting CBT and ill see how that goes. And as for heartburn i am controlling that with a healthier diet as well :)

Jon1979
16-07-12, 23:19
No your not the only one :). Its a nightmare! Hope your CBT goes well. I'm looking forward to starting mine, just waiting for an appointment, hoping it will be soon.

Take Care

rockydog
19-07-12, 09:13
Hope you are feeling better, i have a lot of aches and pain but do have fibromyalgia which is worsened by tension ad anxiety x

dorabella
24-07-12, 20:50
Everything you describe is what I have been experiencing for the last 20 years and I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia.

It's quite a common condition for people suffering with anxiety but often goes undiagnosed because a lot of doctors don't believe in it. The constant aching joints, chest pains (costochondritis) and the heartburn and acid stomach (which have nothing to do with bad diet or other habits - these only may exacerbate symptoms - an anxiety disposition can induce an acid stomach, as can an insidious little bug called H-pylori), breathlessless, night jolts as you are falling asleep, tingling extremeties, pins and needles are all associated symptoms - harmless and not degenerative, but quite frustrating.

The only thing I can suggest you do is educate yourself on your condition. There is a very good fibro manual by Devin Starlanyl "Fibromyalgia and Chronic Myofascial Pain" in which you will most likely find all your symptoms and explanations as to what causes them. You can probably track a copy down on Amazon or abebooks. There is no cure and very little effective treatment, but if you make the effort to understand the condition it will cease to worry you and you will cope better.

WackoJacko
25-07-12, 20:47
I have never heard of fibromyalgia before but I have looked it up after reading some of the above and I really do think I may have it. All the symptoms suit me down to the ground plus my doctor also keeps putting my aches pains chest pains and nausea down to anxiety. it’s really annoying having to live this way but I try and keep myself positive and when symptoms get bad I almost always look to sites like these to calm me down and sometimes research the reasons I’m feeling the way I do.

Does anyone think this is worth mentioning to my doctor or will the fact that I was the one who brought it up make him rule it out lol?

P.S - I had my 24hr hart box on the 17/07/12 Does anyone no roughly how long and how you get your results back?

Thx....

phil0910
27-07-12, 10:22
2 weeks for heart monitor results but fact its been 10 days and you havent heard anything is good news as if something came up they would have contacted you by now to look into it, ive got similar to you im 24 they said costocondritis indigestion now anxiety sucks xx