PDA

View Full Version : mostly in my room

gem7
16-07-12, 16:44
lately cos of my depression and anxiety getting worse i find it hard to leave my room i mostly sit up stairs only in the evening i might watch abit of tv downstairs i got the urge to selfharm again i havent done that in a while life is not worth living i just feel scared all the time scared to leave the house havent left house in a few weeks but when i am out people judge and stare and i just feel like i want to run away and hide i hardly got no friends to help me through this i just feel like i just cant cope anymore :weep:

amdhyde
16-07-12, 17:01
Hey gem I had a phase just like that. Are you on any meds? I'm on anti-depressants now but while I was not taking them I lived in my room basically and never went out. I still feel very ill now but my meds do help me get out a little.

BobbyDog
16-07-12, 17:04
So sorry Gem7,

Have you got any family that you can turn to?

I would go to the doctor and tell him everything, you need some support, perhaps your GP can help in some small way, CBT, medication.

PM if you like Gem

PanchoGoz
16-07-12, 17:08
I live in my room as well...but mostly becuase my room is really cool and all my stuff is in here and there is nothing else to do in the house when the weather is bad. That in itself makes me depressed though, I worry about becoming agorophobic so I can imagine it must be very hard for you as you find the outside world depressing as well. Maybe you can get out in the garden or yard for now for some fresh air?
People aren't judging and staring at you. That is most likely just in your mind and down to self esteem. If you stare at someone becuase you want to know if they are staring at you, they will inevitably stare back! You must correct this preconception of the public. When you go out, the only thing you should be thinking about is you and what is around you and important to you, not the other people nearby, they are not important.
You have friends here and you can talk to us! Maybe you can get in contact with some of your old freinds again and start seeing people a little bit? We will help you until you have more people around you when you are better :hugs:

gem7
16-07-12, 17:42
thank u all for your advice yes i am on meds but they dont seem to help and as for family they dont really understand only person what does is my sister she lives with me shes helps me out all she can i cant really go in the garden cos i got nosey neighbours and they will look and stare we only have a little fence and most of my friends live far away really i got no friends where i live