PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

xcharlottex64
16-07-12, 18:40
Hey all, i just joined up on the site. I suffer from depression, its been going on about the last year, and I'm just looking for help and advice. One day at a time :)

sos
16-07-12, 18:48
Hi,

Have you been to see your doctor ?? if not you should there is plenty of help out there maybe some counselling even dont suffer in silence.

:hugs:

nomorepanic
16-07-12, 18:51
Hi xcharlottex64

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Jon1979
16-07-12, 18:58
Hi & :welcome:

Jon :)

Lovemyfriends
16-07-12, 19:27
Hi I'm new to! I'm determined that my experiences with depression and panic will make me a better person and I'll come out stronger but it's tough, the toughest things I've ever managed. For me it's the gulf I feel between myself and everyone else, even those I trust, love and adore that upsets me most. I find it very lonely, even when I'm in a room full of people. Grr. Anyway just thought I'd say hi x

xcharlottex64
17-07-12, 22:01
Thanks SOS, i did go to see my doctor 8 months ago, but he said it was probably just a phase. Im to embarrassed to go back again and tell him I'm still feeling like this, i got into a right mess in his surgery last time, crying and couldn't breathe properly while i was trying to tell him. I need to just get over myself and make an appointment i guess, just not ready yet. And hello Lovemyfriends, I'm not too sure how this site works yet but I've been having a look around and some people are like pen pals so if your new too and need someone to talk to I'm here :) I understand what you said about being in a room full of people and still feeling lonely, i feel like that a lot, I've just stopped going out really, don't see my friends that much, i just pretend I'm busy, i guess its sort of a coping mechanism, not sure its working though as I feel 'blehhhh' can't even explain it really. Anyway thanks for saying hi :) xx

sos
18-07-12, 08:56
Please go back to your GP how dare he say it's just a 'phase' you clearly are suffering (the longer you leave it the harder it will be-trust me i know) I have a brilliant GP who has helped me so much, there's so much help out there but you have to make the 1st move. I dont mean to pressure you but honestly with the rite help you will see the lite at the end of the tunnel.

Good Luck:hugs:

I am here it you need a chat xxx

xcharlottex64
19-07-12, 13:34
Ive done it :) Made an appointment to see the doctor tomorrow morning, nervous as hell!!!xx

sos
19-07-12, 16:40
Well done you, hope he listens to you this time pls let me know how you get on

Good luck xxxx

xcharlottex64
19-07-12, 17:48
Thanks :) i will do, i don't know what to say to start it off but i will work it out before then. Sleepless night I'm guessing eek, will let you know how i get on, hope your doin ok?xxx

sos
19-07-12, 19:44
Try on to worry to much i know it's easier said than done, dont try and plan anything just tell it like it is, if he's a good doctor he will understand and if he isnt then you need to find a doctor who will.
Will be thinking about you -
Take care :) spk soon xx