PDA

View Full Version : Swollan glands in groin

Seanydee
16-07-12, 22:08
Hi peepsI noticed my right testical was quite swollan about 2 weeks ago and my right glands in my groin was swollan too so I booked to see my doctor hes told me the swelling on my testical is a sist and that my glands are swollan because I might have an infection somewhere down the so he's put me on antibiotics I've been on them for 4 days now and the swelling hasn't gone down and I'm feeling worse,constipated,groin pain,no appetite,fatigue he's also booked me in for an ultrasound on my testicals exactly why he didn't tell me,can anyone help or give me some feedback from what they've read here please,I thought I had my health anxiety under control but now I'm starting to worry again.

---------- Post added at 22:08 ---------- Previous post was at 21:32 ----------

Plz someone reply x

macc noodle
16-07-12, 23:49
Patience with the antibiotics - give them chance to do their thing!
Once you have finished the course, if you still feel unwell go back to the doc.
Antibiotics can make you feel worse before you feel better.

He has referred you for an U/S as a precaution I would guess - better safe than sorry etc.

The swollen gland in the groin will no doubt be due to any infection located in the swelling in the testicle - just your body doing its job and fighting the infection.

Try not to worry too much - it all sounds standard protocol to me.

rubymolloy
17-07-12, 00:51
yes, i get glands up in my groin when i get these sore patches on the base of my back, they are like cold sores and i inevitably get the glands come up. the glands are our self healing protection when we get any sort of thing that the body needs to fight. I expect the antibiotics will kick in soon and help take down the swollen glands. They can take a while to work their magic. kind regards
xxxxxx

Seanydee
11-08-12, 00:06
Well it's been 2 weeks and my gland is still swollen I feel really I'll legs and arms are like jelly neck pain on the up side I'm eating again but still got major fatigue all these symptoms seem to come and go tho as in I can feel fine for a couple of hours and I think to myself its over then all the symptoms come back it's so hard x