PDA

View Full Version : sore throat starting panic

terror-x
16-07-12, 21:43
so started to get a sore throat when i got home from work
since then its panicked me i have had 2 paracetamol to try take it away it seems to have gone abit but its panicking me because last time i had a sore throat at night i woke up unwell and i felt like crap for 2 days i dont want that again :(

PanchoGoz
16-07-12, 22:11
People get ill every now and then, paracetamol won't protect you from that. The only thing you can change is how you cope with the illness. Being ill is good for you...lol. You get time off work, it builds you up in the long run. Let yourself be ill. You will find you can cope with it perfectly well.

terror-x
16-07-12, 23:29
thank you ive got that in mind :)

Beckybooboo
17-07-12, 01:21
Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you have a sore throat.

Firstly, there's nothing to worry about. Having a sore throat or a common cold/flu is all part of life and unfortunately, us as humans we have to experience the unexpected pain in the arse that is a sore throat.

Secondly, don't panic about it too much as it'll cause further stress to your mental health and physical health, so in order for you to remain as healthy as humanly possible you need to relax and take the medication and keep up your positivity levels.

I wish you a speedy recovery,
All the best,
Becky

.Poppy.
17-07-12, 01:58
It's funny - for all my anxieties, I really don't panic or mind being sick in a conventional way. Look at it like this: you may feel awful, but it's simple and easy to deal with. A doctor can prescribe you medication and you can take a little time for yourself to just relax. Sore throats are crummy, but they are usually very simple.

I'm sorry you are feeling bad; try some hot tea, a humidifier, and just try to rest. Maybe put on a favorite TV show or movie. You may very well feel better in no time.

terror-x
17-07-12, 13:27
thankyou guys :)

spuder
17-07-12, 13:52
try sucking strepils or throat sweets, gargle with salt water try sum honey and lemon drink, plenty of fluids. speedy recovery