PDA

View Full Version : Hello I have just found this website!

amandasfarm
16-07-12, 22:39
Hi I'm Amanda. I am going through a relapse of anxiety and panicky feelings after being stable for over ten years on seroaxat. My Doctor has changed my antidepressant from Seroxat (20mg) which I cut down over a few days as suggested and started taking escitalopram (20mg) afterwards. I have a senior post working in health and social care in a day centre and am finding it very hard each day to get up and cope with my day at work as my anxiety is worse in the morning. I also am finding time on my own at the weekend hard although I do make some plans for things to do. I have been trying to help myself, I get up and run in the morning to help with the adrenaline and have stopped drinking alcohol and caffeine. Do relaxation cds and read self help articles.
I have been carrying on my day as normal and try and let the anxiety feelings pass over me and have tried hard not too avoid any situations so far, although I worry if I have any meetings or training to go on for work, My main problem I am struggling with is the irrational thoughts and I am trying CBT and mindfulness techniques. I just worry after being very incapacitated when I was younger with these problems that it will happen again after coping with many personal issues such as my marriage breaking up and losing my twin brother, flying abroad and studying and progressing in my work, I feel I have come so far and find it hard too realise I am just going through a blip and worry it will consume me!

nomorepanic
16-07-12, 22:50
Hi amandasfarm

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

sunshine1
16-07-12, 22:54
hi amandasfarm!:welcome:

Jon1979
16-07-12, 23:07
Hello & :welcome:

Jon :)

R.Barratt
17-07-12, 11:38
hello and welcome to nmp :) xxx