PDA

View Full Version : First time seeing a psychiatric nurse?

ImogenX
16-07-12, 23:03
hi everyone,
I have an appointment in just under a month to see a psychiatric nurse, I have never spoken to anyone besides mum in any detail about my anxiety problems. Could any of you tell me what to expect? Do they ask you questions and you just kinda respond? Or do they expect you to just explain everything to them? I am very nervous about it, and there are some things I really don't want to talk about.
Thanks,
Imogen

Richard1960
16-07-12, 23:13
You probably have an appointment with a CPN (community psychiatric Nurse) they can be very good if you are open to talking therapy,they will introduce themselves and ask you a bit about yourself to write down,so they get to know you better they will ask you to explain your problems and talk them thorugh with you.

There really is nothing to be worried about i had one around 10 years ago and it worked very well,a good one will make you feel more positive,but you have to be open to the idea of talking things through but do bear in mind they can only help you if they really know what is going on and do not worry its confidential so no worries on that front,good luck.:)Richard.