PDA

View Full Version : allergies?

Amandala
17-07-12, 00:22
Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone else's anxiety gets worse during allergy season? My sinuses tend to get super congested and then I feel like I am not breathing right and then i start paying attention and you know the rest...
I don't have typical allergies where I am sneezy with itchy eyes or anything... just stuffed sinuses and I am taking allergy meds but they don't seem to help. The only ones that give any relief are the kind with the pseudophedrine (sp?) and that in itself can make you shaky so my doc has banned me from those.
So basically just curious if anyone else notices a correlation. :)

Amanda

Matt King
17-07-12, 01:48
My breathing's been really wheezy recently which my doctor told me was just hayfever. I've had hayfever my whole life but never really noticed my breathing was like that until now. Although the anti-histamines i was taking when i started noticing it were a lot weaker than the one a day ones. So that may have made a difference. It doesn't really help anxiety though.

Worried_Male
17-07-12, 01:58
My breathing's been really wheezy recently which my doctor told me was just hayfever. I've had hayfever my whole life but never really noticed my breathing was like that until now. Although the anti-histamines i was taking when i started noticing it were a lot weaker than the one a day ones. So that may have made a difference. It doesn't really help anxiety though.

I get alot of wheezing this time of year, but only in the mornings.

rated_r90
17-07-12, 10:02
This is exactly what is happening to me right now. When I wake up in the morning my sinuses are really congested and I pay attention to the fact I can't quite breath properly and this makes my breathing worse. So annoying. It tends to get better when I stop focusing on it.

swgrl09
17-07-12, 18:29
I have the same type of allergies - mainly sinus congestion. I was taking zyrtec for a while, but it really dried me out ... dry eye, mouth, etc. I stopped taking it a week ago and started using a nasal spray .. Nasalcrom/Cromolyn Sodium. I guess you have to give it a couple weeks to fully work, but I do feel a difference after a week and no fatigue/dryness of zyrtec or other antihistamines. An air purifier in my apartment also helps.

Worried_Male
17-07-12, 18:37
This is exactly what is happening to me right now. When I wake up in the morning my sinuses are really congested and I pay attention to the fact I can't quite breath properly and this makes my breathing worse. So annoying. It tends to get better when I stop focusing on it.

Yeah, i wake up wheezing, coughing up mucus and feeling like i have a blocked nose. Winter is the only time it doesn't bother me.

I stopped taking medications a while ago as nothing seems to work. I have just learned to live with it.