PDA

View Full Version : Does everyone get heart palpitations?

Ditapage
17-07-12, 00:36
my suspicion is anxiety targets what youre most worried about and for me its the thought of having a seizure, blacking out, embarassing myself, making a scene, feeling out of control and all these fears are centered around my head. So unless i am experiencing something other than anxiety/panic i get head pressure when i am anxious that makes me feel like crying, and running away or screaming. i can control all these feelings but the urge is strong. i have only had heart palpitations once and that was when i had a really strong feeling of pressure building in my head and i was convinced i would faint. other than that my panic attacks are just this weird head pressure and a sinking feeling in my stomach and the feeling i am breathing too shallow. Sometimes my heart feels tight and that sensation makes me think im going to lose control and have a seizure too. I also get intense pressure behind my eyes like they might actually burst and my vision starts getting blurry sometimes. I am conscious of becoming ultra aware of my surroundings and the overwhleming urge to escape and just start to freak out. im just wondering am i right? does anyone else have symptoms centerered all around their head because thats what they panic about?

stu81
17-07-12, 06:33
I usually find the palpitations are a warning of an incoming anxiety attack or i can feel the pulse in my neck like my heart has moved up there.

I agree with your comment about it targeting what you're most worried about, that's how anxiety starts i think.

Meltdown
17-07-12, 14:38
Palpitations (or ectopic beats to be more accurate) - are the worst symptom for me! I have been having loads lately!

Somtimes they seem to come out of the blue, and multiple runs of them can cause me to start a panic attack!

Rationally, though, they almost always come in response to a negative or worrying thought, and are almost always a sign of increased anxiety.

The trick is (apparently!) to ignore them. I find this very difficult to do! But when I do, things do seem to improve. It's just difficult to relax when your heart is doing back-flips, and trying to climb out of your chest!