PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else wake up with panic attacks?

Twila
19-07-06, 07:51
I seem to have my worst panic attacks at night. If i get to sleep okay i wake up scared out of my mind. Does anyone else have this problem?:(

Twila

Daisybun
19-07-06, 08:25
Hi Twila, I used to get this when my anxiety was bad, i would wake up in a panic, heart racing and sweating, i had very vivid dreams at the time. I am a lot better at the moment and i don't have this so it will pass hunny.

Take care
Daisybun

'This too will pass'

Twila
19-07-06, 08:35
Daisybun, Thank you for your reply!! Just knowing that out there somewhere is somone that I can talk to about this problem really helps. I do not have any one else to talk to, my family thinks that I am just crazy. So thanks again.:)

Twila

marie ross
19-07-06, 08:44
Hi Twila,

I had this the other night, went to bed then woke up feeling like i was gasping for air and really panicky. Its very rare this happens to me now, but when it does i try not to worry (easier said than done!) and usually go downstairs and watch a bit of tv until it passes and i've calmed down.

You are definately not crazy!!!

Take care.

Marie XXX

ren
19-07-06, 10:08
Yep, I've woken up in a panic a few times this week.

ren

lizmarshall
19-07-06, 12:03
Hi,

I used to get that all the time, really scary, I havnt done it for the last 4 months though.

Liz

Will Loynes
19-07-06, 12:43
Hi Twila,
defo think the worst attacks can happen at nite, my reasoning that even if I wasnt painicing at the time the dark or dull lite and the quiet play tricks with the mind anyway. Add a panic attack to that and things seem much worse. This week has been a bad one, mine have taken me by suprise this time, hadnt had any for a little while.
The other thing is that nite time ones seem to add more intensity to fatigue.
One of the ways I have dealt with it in the past is to always have a book to hand or try and watch some tv and not try to sleep again until im really tired again.

Good luck and hope you feel well soon.

will [8D]

melissa27
19-07-06, 15:38
I do this all the time last time was sunday night only slept for a hour then woke up sweating, heart racing very aggiatated. i just try and watch telly read or listening to music.

polly daydream
19-07-06, 16:24
Hi Twila, I quite often wake up in a panic, heart racing etc. May be due to dreaming or just having something on our minds that we can't switch off from.

Polly

tigertiger
19-07-06, 16:45
Yeah, had this for the first time this week....woke my hand had gone numb from sleeping on it so therefore thought i was havin a stroke and gona die inbed and orphan my children...very scarey hope i dont get another one of those!!

clickaway
19-07-06, 17:14
I have woken up with severe panics in the past - dreadful, isn't it?

Fortunately, they don't happen too often but waking up and then feeling shakey and tired is a daily occurence.

It's clear to me that what sets off the panic in our mind is very active in our sleeping hours.

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

flutterby
19-07-06, 19:47
hi twila,
i have most of my panic attacks at night, think it's when i think about things the most...

Flutterby xx

rania
20-07-06, 21:19
ive been woken up twice by panic attacks i felt as though my breathing had stopped gasping for a breath heart beating rapidly scared to death convinced i was dying i dont know why i think the subconcious mind works when we are asleep

scoobygirl2005
20-07-06, 21:51
Hi.

I sometimes wake up with a panic in the night. But don't worry, it will pass.

Scooby2005
x x