PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone get funny ears?

julieG
19-07-06, 08:16
Hi there, twice this week my ears have felt 'funny'. Not a high pitched ringing as such - a bit more subtle. Maybe a bit ****led?

I find it hard to describe, but apparently this feeling can come before a faint (oh no Im not worried about that!!!!!)

Sorry to be vague, but some symptoms are so bizarre - i think we need a new language!

Thanks, Julie x

Wannabeloved85
19-07-06, 08:29
the only problem i have with my ears is when my right ears goes all darth vader! it sorta pops and wont un-pop, its like being stuck in a yawn lol hearing my own breath and voice amplified. not nice. I dont think mine is anxiety related as its gone on for about 2 years and happens everymorening and only goes when i lie down, the classic,weird symptoms of patuloue eustchian tube. But i cant get my ears sorted as im,not housebound,but close to it! i called the drs for advice about 4 times and they say to live with it!
Becci x

Dan
19-07-06, 09:52
HI THERE
THERE IS A POST ABOUT EARS AT MO
I THINK IT COULB BE AN ANXIETY THING AS A FEW OF US SEEM TO GET IT
SO PUT IT DOWN TO ANXIETY NOT SOMETHING SCARY
SOMEONE ONCE SAID TO ME THAT ALOT OF ENERGY IS IN YOU EAR AREA SO IF YOU HAVE HIGH ANXIETY IT CAN MAKE THE EARS FEEL FUNNY AFTER THAT REASON MINE SEEMED TO GO EXCEPT WHEN IM REALLY ANXIOUS
DAN

JennyW
20-07-06, 09:11
I didn't realise how many people had problems with their ears until I came to this site and started talking with people.

Apparently ear problems are the second biggest thing we visit the doctor about (backs are first).

I get phases of odd sounding noises in my ears and my husband gets ringing on/off. I've currently got unequal pressure in my right ear (after seeing an ENT) and when visiting my doctor for ear ache, he said I was the fourth person that day with ear problems so you're not alone.

Cant really say what's wrong and I dont google symptoms anymore :D but I'm sure it's normal and it seems so many people get odd things going on with their ears [8D]

Jabz
20-07-06, 17:38
"I dont google symptoms anymore "

classic. sorry had to do it.
best quote ever.

hehe, my ears are always popping..sometimes it feels like all the air has been blown out of one ear and then someone stuck a plug in it..weird symptoms..oh well
also ears can make you dizzy..

take care.
stan.

Jem27
20-07-06, 19:29
I always use to google, hehe. It made me 10x worse so I never do it now.

Yes I have lots of ear probs, awful tinitus esp when im very anxious. I use to think I had tumours etc.... but it was all stress.

rania
20-07-06, 21:30
ive suffered from hyperventilation for a year. in that year my ears were clicking all the time and i was aware of a clicking noise every time i swallowed. my doc said to me that hyperventilation could change the pressure in the inner ear and create clicking noises abit like when youre on a mountain

scoobygirl2005
20-07-06, 21:57
Hi.

I know what you mean, my ear sometimes goes deaf for a while and you can just hear a beep.

Scooby2005
x x

JennyW
21-07-06, 09:20
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">"I dont google symptoms anymore "

classic. sorry had to do it.
best quote ever.

</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

hee, hee yes I suppose it was a funny quote but so true - it was from the heart. I've gone down some scary roads by visiting Dr Google :D

The ringing can be anxiety. When my husband is stressed his ears ring. He had it for 3 weeks once then it just disappeared! 2 of my brothers get tinnitus and I think if you asked 100 people, over half of them have some form of ringing going on.