PDA

View Full Version : Really dry cracked skin on my hands

Lizziesaurus
17-07-12, 10:31
Hi everyone, does anyone else get this and what do you do to get rid?
I've suffered irritable skin/excema dry skin in general for years but my other symptoms aren't really that bad anymore. But a couple of my fingers on my right hand are cracked/dry/bleeding.

I've got all the creams, lotions and potions and put them on regularly through the day to no avail.
I really can't be bothered seeing a doctor cos it's just something I know I live with but this is just getting on my tits now and it's really really sore.

I can't believe it's something I touch as it's only 2 and a bit fingers, I always wear rubber gloves etc

Is there anything anyone can suggest that maybe might work?
Here's a list of things I use at the mo; betnovate ointment, aqueous cream, benadryl antihystamines, general hand creams for dry skin

swgrl09
18-07-12, 13:08
My mom used to have really dry feet and she would load them up with a heavy lotion for extremely dry skin, like to the point where it wasn't rubbed in (the lotion was still visible), and then put socks on over it and went to bed that way. Have you tried doing that with gloves over your hands? Like an overnight intensive moisture treatment.