PDA

View Full Version : ATOS assessment.....

bottleblond
17-07-12, 11:59
I have just had my second ATOS assessment for my Agoraphobia and what a difference it was from the last time.

First time around, I was send a not medical person who basically wanted to know my every move from the moment I got up until the moment I went to bed. It was very indepth, long and extremely drawn out.

This time, I was sent an actual doctor who was wonderful. One of the first things he said to me was, "Your CPN has sent a VERY detailed letter so I'm rather surprised that I'm here in the first place". He knew what he was talking about so that helped me ALOT because I didn't have to explain what agoraphobia was etc.

Fingers crossed that I've passed but only time will tell.

:shrug:

Lisa
xx

BobbyDog
17-07-12, 13:39
Well done.

suzy-sue
17-07-12, 16:24
Glad it went better this time Lisa .:yesyes:.Sounds like they have got their act together .Will keep my fingers and bits crossed for you .Luv Sue x

bottleblond
17-07-12, 17:08
Thank you poppets xxx

yvonne_uk_98
17-07-12, 19:24
glad to hear went better for you this time.:) do you mind if I keep you in my prayers. :hugs:

bottleblond
17-07-12, 19:44
Thank you Yvonne and of course you can. :hugs:

pauline
07-08-12, 15:25
Have to say i have been worrying myself sick about this. My friend got sent for last december and he got no points and he is toally ill with health problems and anxiety. He has been very low about it and keeps telling me everyday and its got to the point now where i don't want to see him we walk our dogs together otherwise i would not go out. I went to see my doctor last week and was crying about it all. I know its silly as i have not been called yet but i know i will be. everyday i dread the postman coming. What with the proggrammes that have been on the tv about the tests there is no hope for me.

Alvi
07-08-12, 16:40
I'm really glad your assessment went well. I had one recently and they didn't even ask about my agoraphobia or mental health problems. I was asked questions like, can I dress myself and can I walk more then 200 yards. Been worried sick about getting the results as I've heard lots of people have being losing there benefits.

kittikat
07-08-12, 17:06
Ahh, that's great news Lisa, I hope you get the result you deserve. Some of those idiots don't have a clue about anything. Great that you got a doctor on side this time round. Fingers crossed for you, Kitti :hugs: xx

bottleblond
07-08-12, 19:28
Have to say i have been worrying myself sick about this. My friend got sent for last december and he got no points and he is toally ill with health problems and anxiety. He has been very low about it and keeps telling me everyday and its got to the point now where i don't want to see him we walk our dogs together otherwise i would not go out. I went to see my doctor last week and was crying about it all. I know its silly as i have not been called yet but i know i will be. everyday i dread the postman coming. What with the proggrammes that have been on the tv about the tests there is no hope for me.

That's the thing with these assessments Pauline...If You're not assessed by an actual doctor, then the people who are assessing you see you are fit and well because they can't phisically see our illness.

Don't worry about it before you need to hun. If you do get called then you can submit a doctors letter etc which will help your case.

Lisa
xx

bottleblond
07-08-12, 19:31
I'm really glad your assessment went well. I had one recently and they didn't even ask about my agoraphobia or mental health problems. I was asked questions like, can I dress myself and can I walk more then 200 yards. Been worried sick about getting the results as I've heard lots of people have being losing there benefits.

Yup that's exactly the stuff they ask. Did you make sure you told them about all your issues? My second assessment went alot better because they already held information from my last time plus my CPN sent a fantastic letter for me.

If you get refused then appeal it. Get someone from CAB to attend with you. Get letters from anyone who has helped you etc.

Every little detail helps hun

xxx

bottleblond
07-08-12, 19:32
Ahh, that's great news Lisa, I hope you get the result you deserve. Some of those idiots don't have a clue about anything. Great that you got a doctor on side this time round. Fingers crossed for you, Kitti :hugs: xx

Thank you so much huni.

I will let you all know when I get my results.

Thank you folks
Lisa
xxx

eight days a week
07-08-12, 19:38
I'm confused (nothing new there of course!!) because I was told by ATOS that everyone conducting assessments MUST be a qualified doctor (?)

bottleblond
07-08-12, 20:06
My last one two years ago wasn't but this one was mate xx

london
07-08-12, 20:17
I'm confused (nothing new there of course!!) because I was told by ATOS that everyone conducting assessments MUST be a qualified doctor (?)

thats wrong it can even be a nurse
god bless

eight days a week
07-08-12, 20:54
P.S. I haven't even been told my result! That was about two months ago. They are still paying me, so....?

---------- Post added at 20:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

thats wrong it can even be a nurse
god bless

Perhaps tell ATOS because they told me it must be by one of their qualified doctors (?)

bottleblond
07-08-12, 21:14
Yeah Peter, they have to continue you to pay you until they have made their decission, Even If you appeal it, they have to pay you through that too hun. xx

pauline
11-08-12, 15:41
My friend did not hear that he had got no points for nearly 4 months and he then had to either appeal or go on job seekers allowance. he has appealed there is no way that he can work he is a mess. I just feel so sad for him and all the stress it has caused him. The thing is as well the goverment are cutting back on CAB money so its hard to find someone to help. He had no money to be going to the places and had to walk as he had no money for bus fairs how he did that amazes me with all his problems but if he did not do it then he would of had nothing, he lives on his own has no family to help him. He is stuggling now to live on £71 a week, and as he says winter is not here yet then he says he does not know what he is going to do. They have told him it could be months before his appeal is heard and then i think it is going to court.

Just knowing that i have all this to go through is making me so ill. As those proggrammes said they don't care about mental illness.