PDA

View Full Version : pregnant and cant stop worrying :(

nervousmummytobe
17-07-12, 14:16
Hi! Im new to this site but have found it useful so decided to post!
Im currently 21 weeks pregnant and in the first 3months was doing extremely well... (in terms of anxiety) ... untill a rash appeared. I initially thought not much of it until it persisted so i went to my gp who assured me it was a harmless rash most likely fungal and gave me cream! with using the cream it faded but not completely (this was 2 months ago) I still have the skin rash.
Very stupidly i decided to google 'pregnant with rash that wont go away' ... immediately bought up lymes disease and i started to panic and ever since I have been spending hours and hours reading up about lymes disease.... i have now convinved myself i have it and have even been associating symptoms (which are probably just pregnancy) with lymes disease....
i have seen 5 doctors, 2 pharmacists and one private gp who have all told me it is not lymes! I am so scared i have it because of what it can do to an unborn :(
the rash doesnt resemble a lymes rash but looks a bit similar to a few ive seen! i have had my scans that have all been perfect and Im still worried. My anxiety is so high atm and i cant control it! i should be happy but i cant help but think ' what if they are all wrong ... google says doctors know nothing about lymes what if i slip through the system and end up in a bad situation'!
i even spent 150 pounds on a blood test which came back negative but again GOOGLE says they are inaccurate so that was a waste of money!
some reassurance would be greatly received!
the more i read symptoms of lymes the more i seem to develop the symptoms such as muscle shakes and pains :( please help xxx

---------- Post added at 13:16 ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 ----------

anyone? please ...

bottleblond
17-07-12, 14:53
Hi hun

Firstly....NEVER google health symptoms. You could type in something completely harmless and it will throw up the worse case scenario.

You can get a hormone rash during pregnancy. I had it on the back of my arms at the later end of my pregnancy and went away after I gave birth.

I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about so try to enjoy your pregnancy hun.

Big Hugs

Lisa
xx

nervousmummytobe
17-07-12, 14:59
Thanks so much for the reply! for the past 2 months i think i have spent 6 hours per day on google ! I think Im loosing my mind.... and where I read so much about lymes its almost as if my brain created symptoms and now i have all these weird things going on! I hope I can calm down soon :(
thanks again xxxx

bottleblond
17-07-12, 15:11
You've just got yourself fixated on this particular condition. Try to break the google habit. Every time you feel like going on there, distract yourself by doing something completely different.

Remember you have had all the tests so you definately don't have the condition you're so worried about.

:hugs:

nervousmummytobe
17-07-12, 16:49
I know thank you very much!
I think because Dr Google says there are many reasons why lyme tests can be false negative I then got obsessed with having a 'falsely negative' result!
many thanks xxxxx

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 15:15 ----------

anyone else got any words of wisdom or reassurance :)

AnnieMags
17-07-12, 23:46
Stop consulting Dr Google - it's common knowledge that he never even qualified!! :D And anyway, why would you think you have Lyme's disease? Do you live in a tick-infested area? Have you been walking or trekking with bare arms or legs? Several doctors and a blood test have confirmed that you don't have Lyme's, so allow yourself to believe them. Rashes are so common in pregnancy. I am sure yours does not mean anything sinister and your doctor is not worried. I hope you can find a way to stop your anxiety running away with you. Best wishes from Annie :hugs:

phil0910
18-07-12, 12:28
hi there, dont worry pregnancy heightens your emotions and if you werent worrying about this would be something else. your body has changed to things so things that may have been fine before might not now ie allergies to washing powder etc it could be anything simple, the fact your stressing about it can be reason its not going away, rashes in pregnancy are common just your skin changing and will go out of your system when baby born, i know this as i have 2 young boys and googled everything in pregnancy as you do panic you suddenly have a little one to look after as well as yourself, if you have been tested and seen different doctors all with negative results i would definitly say you dont have it if the doctors had any little concern at all they would refer you to someone especially during pregnancy, so rest auured you are ok. try take your mind of it and think positively, maybe start buying things and doing up nursery something fun to look forward too. good luck.

nervousmummytobe
18-07-12, 16:44
Thanks to u all! I do live near a park with deer which is why I was so worried when I read about it! And u had recently been bitten or had a mark which looks like some kind of bite however the doctors assured me the bite was not a tick bite and that the rash is not any association of a bite it is fungal or poss pregnancy hormonal related hence why it has taken ages to fade! I had a negative blood test which should have reassured me but again google was full of stories about people testing negative for it when they actually had it! I know I sound so crazy!

virgo199060
18-07-12, 22:01
Hi!
Please try not to stress!
If you've seen many doctors/pharamacists/private GP's, i'm sure there is nothing wrong with you. Lymes can be quite serious so any indication of it would send alarms going in the doctors' heads and they would see to it immediately. The fact that none of them are concerned about this should be a relief to you.
sending you lots of positive thoughts <3
xxx

nervousmummytobe
19-07-12, 08:17
I know what you mean and thank u for your reply!
I guess my main reason I keep coming back to this worry is the fact that lymes disease apparantly frequently goes mis diagnosed and Im not too sure what it means when certain sites say the blood test is often inaccurate! Any idea what or why it could be inaccurate?