PDA

View Full Version : Hullo

jenimate
19-07-06, 08:43
Hullo, my name is Tracey, I am 36 years old, I have 4 kids aged between 8-16.

I suffer anxiety & panic, mostly health related I believe.

Lots has happened in my life, like most of us.

My Mum died when I was 15 & since then I have been 'on my own'.
I married at 19 in my quest to have that family feeling back...needless to say it didnt work out. We had 2 kids.
Divorced at 22.
Married again at 28 after having another 2 kids, that didnt last either.
I have a good relationship with my first ex & his wife, almost perfect infact.
Had a good relationship with 2nd ex, until he met a young girl, she had issues & her behaviour towards me left me feeling so bad that after 2 yrs I picked up my kids & life and moved 60 miles away.
Have set up a new life over the past year since we moved, everything is good.
I've had a few short relationships in between, one did last 2 years & that was the time my panics & anxiety started.

It was just over 3 years ago, which was 3 years after my 2nd marriage ended. The relationship wasn't really healthy, it brought lots of stress. I began to feel unwell, although ignored it.
After a weekend away with a friend who was getting married I was taken ill, rushed to hospital after a week was diagnosed with a stomach ulcer.

Two weeks after leaving hospial I suffered my first panic attack & that started 4 months of hell.

After ending up on beta blockers, valium & anti depressants, along with the medication for the ulcer I realised all the medication was magifying the panic. I weaned myself off the drugs and slowly beat the panic.

There were some really dark times during those 4 months but recovery took me about a year. I moved house in that time, thinking it would help. It did a little, but the trouble with the ex's girlfriend led me to moving right out of the area.
During the time we moved, I suffered a certain amount of panic, but survived that as I knew it wasa normal (for me) reaction to change.

Over the last year, we have successfully made a new life for ourselves, with lots of positives.

I have a lovely house, although taking a while for us to decorate it etc. I have found a fantastic job, kids have settled in school really well & made friends, joined clubs & really do a lot more than we ever did before, both as a family & on our own.

It was a gamble that paid off....my son stayed behind to finish his schooling & take his exams, he came home weekends & holidays etc.
He finally left school a few weeks ago & is here permantly.

So, I have a great life, family back together, financially I am getting us back on out feet, am making some greats friends, its all going well.

About 3 weeks ago I thought to myself...its going so well....kiss of death!!!

So I have unintentionally brought on the panics again.

I met a man 4 months ago, but again, its not been a healthy relationship, so I think a mixture of all the good stuff, my son leaving school, this man....you name....I have talked myself into this dark place again.

My older 2 went on the holiday of a lifetime 2 weeks ago, with their dad, the panic started a few days before they left. I 'took ill' afterfinding a lump in my groin, panicked for a few days, went to the doctor got the all clear, but it was too late..the anxiety was back & I know it will stay for a while & I have to get used to it, accept it & then get on with dealing with it.

The physical stuff is the worst, chest pains, heart thumping, fear sitting on my shoulder all the time, constant butterflies in my tummy, muscular pains in my legs, the runs, knots inside.

I accept I have talked myself in the anxiety again and know I have to talk myself out of it.

I have always refused to even look up panic on the net as it takes me back, but this time I have decided to confront these fears & have joined this forum as I am also aware I can't do it on my own.

I do feel better just for writing all this down, although the physical stuff is still sat inside.

clickaway
19-07-06, 11:25
Good Morning Tracey, and welcome to this great site.

You seem to have been through a fair amount in your life and I'm sure you know the resaons for your disorder. You seem sensible and have made decisions to improve your life. And you have realised that you can only get better by confronting this fear.

I'm wondering if your new man is a 'trigger' for the ones that haven't served you so well in the past. I always think its so important to be understood when you have anxiety.

There are plenty of understanding people on this forum, and I hope that we can help you here.

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

manmoor
19-07-06, 12:19
Hi Tracey,

A big warm welcome to the site. My name is Mandy and Im 37 years old. I suffer from Health anxiety and have done for 10 years. You've been through an awful lot in your life but now you've joined us here hopefully hings will improve for your as joining this site was the best maove ever I've made. It helps us to know we are not alone.

Take Care

Mandy

xx

trac67
19-07-06, 12:58
Hi Tracey,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

Children_of_God
19-07-06, 13:47
hello,
sorry to hear that you have had so much pain. welsome to the forum. you will find lots of useful help here and the people are really nice. take care, Michelle xxx.

"everythings good in the end, if it's not good, it's not the end" xxx.

polly daydream
19-07-06, 15:57
Hi Tracey and a very big welcome to the forum, you will make lot's of good friends on here, who always do there very best to help if they can.

Take care,

Polly

chucklehound
19-07-06, 16:05
welcome to the forum

Take care

Chuckle

xxxx

emma chant
19-07-06, 16:43
A big welcome to you tracey.
xx:D[:X]

e chant

flutterby
19-07-06, 18:59
hi tracey

welcome to the forum...

Flutterby xx

Two heads
19-07-06, 19:36
Hi,welcome to the forum!
Glad you found us ,its a great surport network here, so in your times of need you arent a lone!xxx

rosebud1984
19-07-06, 19:50
Hi Tracey, welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear you've been through such a lot. I've suffered with health anxiety in the past so totally understand how hard it is to cope with. Hope you get the support you are looking for.

xxx Rosebud xxx

giddy
19-07-06, 21:10
Hello Tracey
Welcome to the forum
love Helen

jackie
19-07-06, 22:06
hiya jen

i could be reading about myself when you talk of your fears and symptoms, hard to accept and live with i know as i have had them for four years. have you ever read claire weekes book " self help for your nerves"

glad you found us

jackie

Dave777
19-07-06, 22:14
Hi Tracey, hasn't been easy for you has it?
Lots of friends for you here, PM if you want to chat

Dave:)

jenimate
19-07-06, 22:29
Thanx everyone for the welcome.

Today has been a better day, although moments of physical symptons have come & gone, which leaves me with back ache, chest ache etc, the butterflies are still there but much calmer.

When I am occupied then I have no symptoms at all, then I suddenly think...ooohhh I feel fine, then bang....it all comes back again. Bit like, when I finally get off to sleep & wake up...those first few moments, there is nothing but feeling normal...then I remember & bang.

I will always refuse medication as I suffer more anxiety at just the thought of taking medication, even if I give my kids calpol or nurofen I worry.

I haven't read any self help books yet, as again, just the thought of reading something closely related has always filled me with dread.

I have seen a lot of my friend these past 2 weeks as she suffers health related anxiety & panic as well & she has been the best person to have around me.

The new man.....incidently I have ended this...claimed he suffered panic attacks etc & thought it would be ideal as this man would understand me.....not a hope...On Monday night, during an attack we were talking on the phone and he just spoke to me like ****, even though I told him that I was having an attack...he made it worse & from that moment I decided he was either full of **** or self importance as he really didnt give me a thought...he was shouting at me cos I had been snapping at him...anyone who knows about these attacks would know the last thing you can be is sweetness & light.

Anyway...I feel I am over the worst & know I will suffer the symptons for a while, but as ever...good days & bad.

Thanx again, it really helps to know I am not alone.

nomorepanic
20-07-06, 16:12
Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

scoobygirl2005
20-07-06, 16:15
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here.

Scooby2005
x x

marie ross
20-07-06, 18:06
Hello

Welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of help in here.

Take care.

Marie XXX

Karen
20-07-06, 18:25
Hi Tracey

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

jenimate
25-07-06, 20:08
Hullo everyone

I disappeared for a few days as I had internet problems. I've been up & down since I last posted, more up than down.....I think.... I was trying to access this forum at the time my internet failed. I thought it was an omen, but I survived from then till now.

My PA's have lessened over the past few days & the symptoms of 'ill heath' have lessened also, although there were moments when they were really bad.

My 'ill heath' symptoms seem to be centred around my chest, I had self diagnosed the pains were muscular from tension etc & once I convinced myself of that the pain lessened. Yesterday was the best day, no pain, anxiety or pa's.

Today has been not so good, slight panics, but only lasting a short time & as soon as they start I have busied myself, I'm working full time this week & thats working to keep me occupied. But I am left with the chest 'pain' again.....the vicious circle...is the pain due to something being wrong with me or just down to the anxiety??

The pain itself is like a dull ache, not there all the time & certianly not there when I am occupied. I cant decide if its my breats that hurt (hormones) or the area inside....I don't have any pain when I deep breathe (lungs)...but worry sometimes its my heart. I sometimes get backache which is directly behind wherever the pain up front (chest) is.

I do get hormonal associated breast pain, and a year ago had a scan in a breast clinic & was told everything was normal, it was due to the birth control I had not long changed back then. I have a mirena coil & wonder if the pain is maybe a direct result of that.

I know I should talk to my doctor, but I get panics at the thought of going. I did go & see him 2 weeks ago & we discussed the anxiety & he repeated what I already knew, that anxiety manifests itself in many ways & a real proper pain is usually the result.

I am trying to maintain a healthy diet & sleeping is not disturbed too much right now, so I know that when I am asleep all is well.

When I wake up of a morning, those first few wonderful seconds of being pain free, panic free, anxiety free etc etc is fantastic, but then I remember & it all comes crashing back to me & the first thing to happen is butterflies in my tummy...that used to be a nice feeling...not anymore!!!

I wont take meds of any sort, other than the stuff I take for my stomach, after the ulcer 3 years ago. The thought of beta blockers or anti drepressants fills me with dread & the start of a panic.

I have suffered with depression on & off for many years, but have never taken meds, a few times I took one or two pills, but after developing a phobia of meds 3 years ago, I feel I won't ever take anything, other than the capsule for my stomach. I know as I get older I may have to take meds, as generally most older folk do as their bodies begin to wear out etc.

I have a friend who takes meds for just about everything, she also suffers anxiety & pa's, but doesnt have a fear of meds....I envy that...but today she went to see her doc as she was feeling ill etc & seems thats she stopped taking her beta blockers without weaning herself off of them 2 weeks ago. How long does it take for these kind of meds to get out of your system??

I am glad to be back & have been reading lots of the posts....I am still trying to pluck up courage to go & read the health anxiety threads.

Why are so many of us afflicted with this curse??