PDA

View Full Version : This virus is worrying me

countrygirl
17-07-12, 12:39
I know its a virus that is affecting alot of people. Severe attacks of coughing with sinus trouble and ear trouble, have seen Dr yesterday who said my lungs are fine and he explained that its a virus badly affecting the windpipe, throat, sinues and tubes in the ear but I haven't been this ill for many years and am not as yet getting any better.

I have at last spoken to a friend who has same thing but as neither of us can talk for more than a minute without severe coughing attacks phoning each other is difficult!! It was interesting that we both have exactly the same symptoms, rather reassuring.

Even though I only saw the Dr yesterday, today I have "headache" type pain around one eye and it is such effort to keep eyes open. The weird eye feeling is not new have had it from start as has my friend but the actual pain around my eye is new today so am already in "what if mode" and feel I want to rush back to Dr and say " ah but what about this symptom?".

Health anxiety and genuine illness is a right xxxxxxxxx!!!!!!

nervousmummytobe
17-07-12, 12:42
Hey! im sorry you are ill! i was ill last week and my doctor assured me i was fine and that it was just viral.... that kind of put me at ease and then i woke up with a swollen tonsil! like you I wanted to call the doctor and say what about this symptom? but the truth is when your anxious your mind exaggerates everything making you feel like 'if only this symptom hadnt come i would feel fine' ! trust me its just a virus and it will pass..... get better soon x (ps the mind is very powerful and can create or exaggerate symptoms) xx

swgrl09
17-07-12, 13:02
The pain around your eye is most likely sinus pain, I would guess. I had that during a sinus infection. Viruses are awful, nothing you can do but wait it out!! I had one that lasted 3 weeks. I hope you feel better! Maybe try a saline nasal spray or sinus cleanse? That helps sometimes, as well as breathing in steam.

countrygirl
17-07-12, 13:10
Thanks both. The trouble with the sinuses seems to be that every coughing fit makes your nose and eyes stream , my nose is not blocked up in between but I think my sinuses are having a hard time!! Have been doing the steam - will try sniffing cooled boiled water up my nose ( horrible feeling but does work).