PDA

View Full Version : Worried

sos
17-07-12, 14:33
Hi All,

I'm feeling very down today i have been off work since february with depression extreme anxiety and work related stress, I have an appointment with my gp tomorrow and i'm worried she will sign me off sick i dont think i can face going back to work............PLEASE HELP :weep:

nomorepanic
17-07-12, 14:46
Hi sos

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Jon1979
17-07-12, 15:23
Hi sos

Ive been off for six weeks and im at drs again tomorrow. I feel the same, but if your not well enough to go back, there is no reason why the shouldnt sign you off.

Jon :)

sos
17-07-12, 17:50
Yes i know but everytime i go i get so anxious.

Hope your appointmet goes well x

Jon1979
17-07-12, 17:56
Me too, I normally take a good friend with me, she actually comes into see the dr with me as well because I just go to pieces. She cant come tomorrow though so have to go alone :weep:. Luckily my Dr is lovely, shes really helpful. Doesnt make me feel any better about it though.

Hope it goes ok for you too x :)

sos
17-07-12, 18:14
Poor you having to go on your own, my partner comes with me and like you say it does help i'd hate to go on my own.

My GP was a bit abrupt last time as i was saying how awful my employers are she said will if you dont like it you should leave, but what would i do i cant afford not to work and i couldnt possibly look for another job at the moment its awful i hate the way i feel.

Jon1979
17-07-12, 18:40
I just get worked up, its being sat waiting in a busy waiting room that starts me off, too many people. I'll go to open surgery in the morning. If I get there really early i'll be "patient number 1", usually in and out (hopefully).

I work for the NHS in a clerical role, last time I went she asked what I did and as soon as I told her where I worked she was like "well you do need to try and get back to work". I'm fully aware of that, it's just easier said than done at the moment.

Its all very well your dr saying leave, if only life was that simple eh