PDA

View Full Version : Is there hope

scottwilson
17-07-12, 18:45
Ok this is my story
It all started in september of 2009 I was sitting on my sofa on the laptop happy as ever I closed the lid and stood up this is we're it all started I suddenly felt very strange my heart rate went up and my vision went very strange very dark and it was like looking through a goldfish bowl the world looked like it was moving and when I tried to walk it was like my legs weren't my own. I thought that I had to get out as the room had gone up 10 degrees so I went out side. This all subsided as I went to bed the next day I awoke feeling very strange this went on for about a week be fore I went to the docs were he did some tests and came up with that I was suffering with labryrhitis and that it should get better and I'll be back to normal in 8 weeks or so but the weeks went on and I wasn't getting anybetter I went back to the docs many times before I was sent to see the neurologist, I had a few MRI scans a few balance test and a investigation into my right ear as I felt that my ear was blocked and I had been having vertigo ontop of all these strange symptoms. The neurologist found nothing on my MRI and ruled out the nasty stuff like ms and so on, I was then told that I had estation tube disfunction and that my bloods show that I am prone to allergys as the ent had confirmed when he found that I had the start of nasal polyps. I was then introduced to anxiety and panic attacks, I said you must be joking I ve got no stress or problems, the doc then said it might help seeing a therapist, the first one wasnt really up to scratch she was trying to find a link to what's causing it and didn't want to know about the other stuff that had be mentioned, I was then sent to the cbt therapist who was real nice but confused as there wasn't anything to work with there wasn't any root cause to the anxiety and he struggled to help me, I then went to and fro to the docs trying to make head or tails of what was going on with me, I then spoke to vestibular damaged patents who had very similar symptoms but no were near the lvl of anxiety and symptoms. I am left in limbo now unknowing as to what it is. I have tried alsorts of meds but to now help.
I wake up in pain I suffer with tiredness, vertigo, distorted visual vertigo, a horrible all over body feeling, constant strange headaches, the shakes chest pains, unbalance, dizziness 24/7 all day everyday. The only thing that I can hold hope on is that Whalen this started I had a REALY Nasty sinus infection and this is we're it must have started. I live in a hell hole every day I don't have panic attacks any more but I come close at least once a day. Any one out there had a similar story?

scottwilson
18-07-12, 23:47
I gather from the lack of replys there is no hope

biel
18-07-12, 23:56
There's Rivotril.
:/

loonerj
18-07-12, 23:57
HI,

There has to be some hope. I have had labryinthitus and it is horrible, I started to feel like I was on a boat, then it got worse as time went on, feeling sick, going really dizzy and hot. after 6 weeks it went. I tend to get this everytime I go abroad now which puts a downer on my holiday as I am worrying about it.

I have had most symptoms you have experienced but it may not be anxiety, Have you every heard of fibromayalgia? its more or less what your describing. It's not life threatening, and is not something the dr's know a lot about. but it can be very debilitating.

Let me know. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

Littlehelper123
19-07-12, 12:49
once you receive the right treatment then yes there is hope but you have to be willing to try and be willing to accept the help that is on offer

expecto patronum
19-07-12, 18:04
I had anxiety-related dizziness and it eventually went