PDA

View Full Version : depressed but determind

R.Barratt
17-07-12, 20:46
Hello people :)
I am feeling quite low at the minute. I never want. To go out as I feel fat and hideous and I feel like people are laughing at me or talking about me.
I I have been saving up to take myself and my partner out for the day the whole shabang a movie a meal shopping a walk in manchester to get out of the flat and have some fun.
But I feel so down and anxious because I feel so disgusting I feel like he deserves better but he says he loves me and I'm beautiful but I genuinely don't see what he sees at all. I am on flouxetine and see a councillor not that I feel it helps much but I am so determind to kick these feelings off as I don't want to ruin my relationship my friends and my course I know I have a lot of potential.
I am going to get my hair cut an a new outfit for when we ho out hopefully this will make me feel more postiive and I can actually afford it because I've savedd.

I just don't know what to do will these feelings of depression and self hate ever truelly go away

Richard1960
17-07-12, 21:40
I guess at the moment you are having a bad day i certainly get them too but try to stay positive,if your BF says he loves you as you are you are doing well i would say.

And as you said the other day friends turned up and cooked for you when you felt down so a positive there as well.

How long have you been on the flouxetine ? have you considred going back to your GP and asking to try some other med,that may work better for you,i would certainly consider that.

But from what i can see of your postings you do have a lot to be positive about.

Richard.:)

theharvestmouse
17-07-12, 21:45
Everyone has those days, we all feel low sometimes, the other day you were so positive, so don't forget that.

R.Barratt
18-07-12, 01:38
Thank you :)
I feel silly now. Like you will think I take everything I have for granted. I guess we all have down days no matte how lucky we are xxxx

Richard1960
18-07-12, 15:30
No need to feel silly your concerns are genuine but on the day you just felt a bit down,which is why yiou posted so people who understand could reply.:) Richard.