PDA

View Full Version : Feel so down with my health anxiety. Just want someone to talk to.

Jsp
18-07-12, 00:23
If you read any of my other threads you will understand all the stuff I've been anxious over. At the moment I'm worried about having deep vein thrombosis :(

If anyone wants to talk about any type of anxiety then please feel free to message me!

nomorepanic
18-07-12, 00:42
You don't have a DVT at all but I agree that you do need help with the HA as it is out of control.

Remind me if you are going to be getting any sort of professional help/CBT?

Jsp
18-07-12, 00:49
I know it's so stupid that I'm thinking/believing it :( but I can't help it! I can see that it's stupid if I look at it from an outsiders point of view.

I went to see a counsellor a little while back and had trouble. She told me to see my college counsellor, who I saw and said that I need proper counselling which will take months and is out of her hands. I had to send in another referral and waiting for the letter back. So all in all I've been waiting about two months for counselling which is rather annoying.

I was prescribed citalopram but I stopped taking it after one pill as I felt really short of breath on it (don't know if it was a side effect as I'm asthmatic, or just from panic from taking the pill). I should have carried on taking them but I really would prefer to battle this without medication.

Thank you for your reply :)

nomorepanic
18-07-12, 00:53
You can do some self help as well.

There are some good books on HA out there to read.

Have you told the doc you need some help as he can refer you for CBT on the NHS?

P.S. I still have the calf pain as well

Jsp
18-07-12, 01:02
I have self help for your nerves and I have read a little bit of it, seems very good. Need to read more of it though

Yeah, as I said I have been referred again but I'm just waiting for the letter back. You know what the waiting lists are like!

And aww do you know what it is yet? Mine has spread into my thigh and grion, and back into my calf tonight. I get sharp shooting pains in it everytime i try to walk. It's rather strange. My doctor said there's a strong possibility it's due to my back (I have a curve of the spine)

loonerj
18-07-12, 01:04
Firstly You are not Stupid!! I suffer with Health Anxiety and It is not nice!!

I think I have heart trouble at the moment as I am so aware of my heart & pulse rate, although I have had my heart checked a lot of times and have been assured I am fine, I still think the Dr's are fobbing me off because of my anxiety!!

I also seen a councillor who helped a lot but the problems I ended up talking about were nothing related to my anxiety (or so I thought) but to my childhood. Apparently this is how my body and mind is reacting to my early years.

So I left the councillor and then got put on Citalopram and the side affects are horrible, I was retching on and off for about 2-3 weeks, night sweats, but after a while they subsided and I felt I could all of a sudden cope. 2 years on I made the mistake of stopping my medication as I felt better, how wrong was I as I went straight back down :-(

I have tried all sorts from hypnotherapy, councilling, meditation and now a friend of the family sent me to have spiritual healing which was an experience, I felt so overwhelmed and I cried and cried and cried but I felt at peace. but it didn't last long so I am in deep thought with myself to put my faith in someone or something.

It is very tiring on the mind, body & soul to live with health anxiety, especially when we let it rule our lives. I really want to beat it as I do not want my children to sufer with it like I have since as long as I can remember. I have just joined a self help website for CBT it is called moodgym, try it. It will take you through modules and give you different exercises.

I really hope you get through this which I am sure you will. If ever you are struggling please know you have support here.

Take care Jaime x

Jsp
18-07-12, 01:21
I used to be the same with my heart so I know exactly where you're coming from! I ended up A&E twice from thinking something was wrong, each time it was just a fast heart beat from having a panic attack (around 150bpm) had three ecg's done all came back fine and an echocardiogram. I think it's one of the most common types of health anxiety, well most people are concerned with heart problems on here anyway.

Sad to hear that you could not cope with the citalopram side effects for a little while! I didn't like them either hence me stopping but I'm not sure if I should carry on. Did they stop your obsessive thoughts over your health?

I'm waiting for counselling so I hope that will help me. Spiritual healing looks amazing I would love to try it!

loonerj
18-07-12, 01:25
yes the citalopram did help, one day I woke up and thought oh I can actually get through today and think rationally, it was amazing! I suppose I should go back on them but I don't want it on my medical record due to me wanting to joing the police.

Spiritual healing I will definitley do it again it was an amazing experience. try the self help CBT site too while your on the waiting list for councilling, at least it will give you something to focus on and hopefully will help you.

take care

Jsp
18-07-12, 01:29
That's good to hear that you felt better with them. I'm not sure what to do :( do you think I should give them another try?

I got a letter through the door the other day from the referral people, with links to some CBT websites too, one of them being free. I had a quick look but should have a deeper look when I get more time.

loonerj
18-07-12, 01:37
Give them a try, I sat on the phone to a friend while I took my first one which helped. And the Dr wouldn't prescribe them to you if they were going to hurt you.

I would look deeper into it especially moodgy, it's free.

good luck!

Jsp
18-07-12, 09:42
I'll have a look about moodgy after my driving lesson :) ergh do not want to go just want to stay in bed :(