PDA

View Full Version : Fighting anxiety/panic 24/7

shadowplay
18-07-12, 01:40
Hello again, just need a bit of hope. I've been struggling with this for years but the past 3 months have been the worst. I've made appt with my general doc and therapists but have cancelled them all because I'm afraid of everything from passing out in the lobby to not being able to fill out the paperwork without wanting to run out of the office to hide. I take Xanax in small doses throughtout the day to fend off the fear but I always feel it lurking. I wake from dreaming where I'm having a panic attack, sweaty and gross. Takes me a bit to ground myself through meditation and trying to keep on the positive thinking thing but it's exhausting. I usually find myself with a horrible headache from fighting my thoughts all day.
This will go away at some point right?? I mean I'm at the point that the only thought that temporarily stops them is saying "hell, if im dying well lets have it then because I cant take this anymore" but anxiety wont kill you so I'm just in limbo. Not suicidal mind you, just tired... so very tired...

BobbyDog
18-07-12, 03:09
I think that you really need to make another appointment to see your GP and therapist, is there anyone that you can take with you who will make you feel more comfortable? A friend or family member. When my anxiety is really bad I take my Mum with me and I am 47, so it's nothing to be ashamed of.

Things can get better and it is possible to beat this, perhaps your GP may prescribe you antidepressants.

Albo
18-07-12, 19:50
I know from experience it is very hard to do simple tasks when you are feeling very anxious and scared, let alone visit a public place where you think something awful will happen. I have resided to the fact if my 'what if' thoughts do actually happen, what is the worst that can happen? I wont go mad and I wont stop breathing, its a medical fact. But I know my anxiety sensations are very uncomfortable at times and this will bring on scary thoughts. Try and turn your thinking around, visting your GP/therapist will be a positive experince as you will be getting the support you need.

I was once told people with anxiety/panic are very strong as they have to face fears of every day life events unlike non sufferers. Good Luck. I hope this helps x

KaoticKutie
18-07-12, 21:40
I understand how you are feeling. My general axiety came back full force after not having it much for a few years.. well not as strong or as often. It was manageable. I had a lot of life stressors that seemed to trigger it. I had my anxiety from wake to sleeping.. and I had a hard time getting to sleep and was taking more than normal of my Ativan which I used normally when my anxiety peaks or have panic attacks and is not taken a lot. I went to my doctor and she prescribed Cipralex. It has been just over 2 weeks and I have had some days more normal than others. Today my anxiety is high again, but it seems to be helping most of the time. Try to get over your fears and anxieties of seeing a doctor and do it. See someone. It was hard for me, but I did.