PDA

View Full Version : Breaking 10mg citalopram in half?

Jsp
18-07-12, 01:43
Is it possible to do this? The 10mg tablet is tiny and has no breaking line down the middle, but would cutting it in half still roughly produce a 5mg dose?

I tried citalopram about three weeks ago, and after one pill I couldn't wait to get it out of my system, I don't know if it was that panic of taking the pill, or increased anxiety.

I know 10mg is a low dose, but would it be possible to ween myself up from 5mg to 10mg?

william wallace
18-07-12, 06:48
Just snap it in half mate, you'll get 4.5-5.5 mg. To be honest if you got such a strong effect from taking one 10mg tab there's a good chance you will get a result from Citalopram:winks:

laura442
18-07-12, 08:51
I started on a quarter for a week then a half for a week and now on my second day of a whole one. Its quite fiddlly to do I wasted a few tablets but it can be done into quarters and halves xxx

Jsp
18-07-12, 09:42
Oh tht sounds good then. Might give it a try later. Yeah I was so zoned out etc on just 10mg I didn't really like it :P

I don't think I'd do it in quarters as I don't feel like it's really much! How do you feel with your whole one?

Thanks for all your help.

TJSMITH
18-07-12, 11:13
yeah i cut mine if half i alsp bought a pill cutter from boots which was quite good x

laura442
18-07-12, 12:36
I feel so much better on a whole than I did a half to be honest but still glad I built it up that slowly. In my head on a half I was getting the se's but not the benefits as I guess 10mg is the lowest effective dose. I have been agoraphobic and I have been to the shops today and felt fine so they are definately working. You just gotta get through the days. I did puzzles, painting, played cards, anything to take your mind off it. My other half just said to me every day you get through is a day closer to feeling better x

Serenitie
22-07-12, 19:24
I started taking 10mg recently but tapered off after a week as I found the side effects difficult to manage. I'm agoraphobic and suffer with panic attacks. I desperately want to get out and get my freedom back. Maybe trying 5mg then increasing will be more manageable for me?

How are you doing Laura? Still getting out / improving?

Jsp did you experience reduced side effects starting on 5mg?

Thank you