PDA

View Full Version : changing sons school because of my anxiety couldnt feel any worse

sazlebazle
18-07-12, 08:08
has anyone else been in the same position or something similar i suffer really badly with anxiety that sometimes has me stuck indoors for a few days i do work but have been having more and more time of work :( looking to leave as i think thats where my anxiety is at its worst i work in a shop ...... well my son goes to school near where i work and its a 25min drive there and back and some days it kills me so ive got him into a school thats only 5 mins away am i doing the right thing for him is it fair etc to move him just because of my own issues :( i just want him to be happy and i know thats staying where he is but im dreading september when ill have to drive him everyday again its making my anxiety so much worse i think about it all day and night any advice appreciated xx

BobbyDog
18-07-12, 08:38
This is a really difficult one! But, I think that your relationship with your son is the most important issue here, if your anxiety is so severe, you will not be able to have a healthy relationship with him, if you are unhappy he will be too, he will pick up on your negativity. So, it may be better to help yourself first, then you will be more able to help him.

It depends on lots of things though, his age, whether he mixes and makes friends easily or not, do the kids at the new school live local?

sazlebazle
18-07-12, 11:18
thanks for the reply my anxiety is bearable but part of my anxiety is i worry to much about what could happen so im constantly worrying will i be able to get him there what if im ill and cat drive him what if the car breaks down etc etc ..... the new school is a lovely school and he wont be the only new child starting which is a good thing he is 9 quite shy and struggles to make friends although all his teachers say he is popular etc we have only just moved to a new area so currently he dosent know anyone :( x