PDA

View Full Version : confused by atos exam

snailz
18-07-12, 15:06
hi all, today i had my atos test. i suffer from M.E which i have done for several years and recently diagnosed with depression and anxiety attacks. i have 2 children, one aged 3 and one aged 7 months. my 3 year old has severe autism and doesnt sleep at night, therefor keeps me awake which makes my M.E and depression worse. anyway today i had my atos and the lady kept asking me questions about my daughter and how her autism affects my conditions, at the end of the test she told me that she didnt think i should be allowed to continue my esa and should move onto income support. she said although i have medical conditions which make me unfit for work, that i am a single parent and should be claiming benefits for that reason instead. she said that because my daughter is autistic thats the reason why my conditions are worse. she didnt ask me about my conditions in general. so now iv failed. does this seem right? i was suffering from M.E for years before i had any of my children.

london
18-07-12, 15:24
its not upto her if you pass or not ring atos tell them she ask nothingg about your illness
an ask for a new test
god bless

snailz
18-07-12, 15:27
thanks, i thought it was her who decided? who makes the decision? i was thinking of waiting for my letter in 2 weeks and appealing. before the test today i was in the support group, it seems weird that id be taken off all together.

london
18-07-12, 16:26
if thay say you dont pass come in chat i help you
most of them are not doctors some are just a nurse
god bless