PDA

View Full Version : Sweating after eating anything + other symtoms

uk23
18-07-12, 16:37
I have diagnosed IBS but the last week or so it appears to have been super playing up. If I eat anything I get hot flushes and sweat for a few minutes, sometimes up to 10-15 minutes then I feel cold.

I haven't been able to eat much in this time as well due to severe bloating and mild nausea :( I thought maybe it's an IBS related thing or idk.

I had a blood test 2 weeks a go, they tested for:

Full blood count
Thyroid
Celiac
Inflamation
Liver function
Kidney function
and some other stuff, actually when I spoke to the doctor about it he laughed a bit and said 'well Piers, they have tested you for pretty much everything'!

I understand this could be a big IBS flare up and that the sweating is just part of the anxiety but it still fuels the anxiety.

Any help, advice or words of wisdom and support would be really be appreciated.

josh1987
18-07-12, 16:45
i get the same as this. still dnt no y tho.

phil0910
18-07-12, 16:58
i have ibs im on colofac tablets 3 times day they def help also avoid caffeine fatty foods chocolate and spicy foods it aggrivates it, drink plenty of water eat bran and small meals dont stuff ypurself these all help. some periods are worse than others but it will calm down. the anxiety over is probably isnt help as it aggrivates it and gives you more indigestion have u been given any tablets?

Ceomax
01-10-18, 14:40
I have suffered from ibs and depression my whole life (am now 67). Sweating esp behind legs a chronic problem. Recently have had some luck w low carb diet to reduce low grade gut inflammation, which seems to correlate w ibs-d symptoms . Sweating when eating or anxious makes me very self conscious in social siuations.