PDA

View Full Version : Heart issues again

ella32
18-07-12, 18:40
Hi i posted recently about chest pain had ecg done sunday and it was fine . Ive been dealing with the pain best i can but about an hour or so ago my friends child jumped out from hiding and scared the crap out of me and now my chest hurts more than it did and im scared im having a heart attack after it.... Im just asking if getting a fright like that is the same on your body as having a panic attack.... Can anyone help......

nomorepanic
18-07-12, 19:04
I wouldn't say it was like a panic attack it was probably just a bit of shock and will calm down soon enough

ella32
18-07-12, 19:36
Thanks nicola for replying . Im bad enough as i am without children jumping out at me. I suppose it worse for someone with anxiety cause it adds to physical symptoms . Hopefully it will ease in a bit. Thanks again ella.x

wally247
19-07-12, 04:57
Having people scare you like that is not a lot of fun. I worked with people who thought it was hilarious to jump out, or hide and scream in your face and laugh for 2 hours.

I never told them that I would basically spend the rest of the day freaking out after they did that.

But yea, if that happens it's pretty normal to get scared and have your heart race out of control for a while.

It's important to remember that people don't mean to ruin your day when they do that...most people just don't get how shaky an anxious person is all the time.

They don't know they are scaring you half to death.