PDA

View Full Version : Brain Zaps - no meds! help!

tanpixie
19-07-12, 01:02
Hey All,
I'm new to the forum, and joined because of my severe anxiety.
I have a very beautiful 3 month old baby - but lately find myself exhausted - no sleep.
My anxiety has come back full force - i have terrible health anxiety.
last night I got a really weird brain zap - I get these from time to time but this one was different and wondering if anyone can relate?
I, of course think it could be a brain tumor.

I was on the computer, really tired, when suddenly I felt a jolt in my brain like someone shook it - but shook it with electricity - it didn't last long but felt like someone turned me on and off and then after that panic set in and I was up walking around the house shaking my hands - feeling my heart beat and thinking I was going to have a seizure or something.

Anyone experienced this or something similar?
This morning I'm looking up neurologists!

I do think it's anxiety though but love to hear if it sounds familiar to you all?
Thanks so much x

---------- Post added 19-07-12 at 00:02 ---------- Previous post was 18-07-12 at 22:38 ----------

Anyone??

nomorepanic
19-07-12, 01:16
I get head zaps and they are nothing harmful - we all get them to be honest.

try not to worry

tanpixie
19-07-12, 03:16
I do say this with love but I love that this is a forum about healthy anxiety and you tell me not to worry! ha ha .. I really wish I could/would not worry!

Glad to hear it's common though thank you

;) x

sammie23
19-07-12, 09:13
Oh I have these. There horrible :-( It feels like an electric shock or something. Very weird isnt it? X

meche
19-07-12, 09:23
I used to get these when I was highly anxious. To me it felt like I was passing out for a mili-second and then I would be ok. Still get them now and again but I try not to let them bother me. xx

sammie23
19-07-12, 09:35
Meche u just described it perfect lol. That's how I feel. Like iv been turned off. Crazy ain't they x

meche
19-07-12, 10:04
I'm glad you can relate to how I describe it. They are horrible and at times I used to think I was having or had some kind of seizure. Strangely I used to get them mostly when I was at a computer screen or watching TV.

danni396
19-07-12, 11:08
i get this too, mine sort of feel like vibrations in my head for a second, i get them sometimes when i turn my head when crossing a road. x

tanpixie
19-07-12, 15:01
oh wow thank you guys so much - yes yes that's exactly what they feel like, electricity and like you've been turned on and off really quickly - I get them also mainly when I"m working on the computer and yep I"m highly anxious at the moment - I have anxiety 24/7 ..... I feel so much better though now ... nice to hear of others that can relate as annoying as the relating is.:hugs: