PDA

View Full Version : how long does it generally take?

plotlost
19-07-12, 01:37
this may sound stupid and extremely impatient, but how long does it take before you notice any positive effects from Citalopram? Maybe my expectations and hopes are unrealistic?

Im only on day 11, but im suffering no noticeable side effects anymore and nothing has changed from before starting on the meds with regards to anxiety.

I suppose its different for everybody but Im on 20mg and it feels like theyre not touching me really.

dexrated
19-07-12, 05:07
for me it took around 3 to 4 weeks, the nasty side effects mean that the cit is about to work as it is just entering your system. the side effect will clear up and you should start feeling good soon. i will say just have faith with it. also if you find the side effects too much you can also go to your doctor and ask them for something that may help you get through them.

:shades: EZ:yesyes:

laura442
19-07-12, 09:02
Hi plot,

I am on day 14 bullt up from quarters to halves and now on day 3 of 10mg and I definately feel happier and less anxious. I even went shopping with my mum yesterday which i havent been able to do for years and I just felt normal again. I am fully prepared for some ups and downs but guess at the moment I am one of the lucky ones. Perhaps have a chat to your doctor ? xxxx

plotlost
19-07-12, 12:07
for me it took around 3 to 4 weeks, the nasty side effects mean that the cit is about to work as it is just entering your system. the side effect will clear up and you should start feeling good soon. i will say just have faith with it. also if you find the side effects too much you can also go to your doctor and ask them for something that may help you get through them.

:shades: EZ:yesyes:

Hi Dex, Laura,

Thats just it, im not getting any side effects anymore, no dry mouth, no dizziness etc etc, I just feel the same as before starting. I will stick with them, I just feel maybe 20mg is not a high enough dosage to work for me (as yet).

I will finish the pack and then discuss with GP about upping dosage maybe.

Thanks for the replies.

Well done for going shopping Laura, keep it up!

dexrated
20-07-12, 02:10
yea that seems like a good idea it is still early for you but i think upping the dose would be good if it is not having much effect atm. :)

plotlost
22-07-12, 22:06
yea that seems like a good idea it is still early for you but i think upping the dose would be good if it is not having much effect atm. :)

cheers dex, I will finish the pack, (11 remaining) and put it to the gp.

Maybe 30mg will get me there that little bit quicker :shrug:

Veronica H
23-07-12, 01:24
:yesyes:I would say stick with it. I noticed a big difference and I was on 10mg for 2 weeks, so we are all different. xV