PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and the affects on sleep... :(

Forever1803
19-07-12, 12:18
Hi all

I have general anxiety disorder, health anxiety and of late i can't stand family/social gatherings (in case i get asked how I am!!)

Over the last few weeks, my doctor has prescribed temazepam 10mg, diazepam 2mg and citalopram 10mg.

I don't like taking tablets as I am terrified of side effects, so the tablets just sit in my cupboard as I am too scared to take them.

Over the last few weeks, my anxiety has started to affect my sleep. I have always been a great sleeper and have relied on my sleep and rest to get me thru the next day. Two weeks ago, I went to bed and l lay there all night until it was morning, unable to get to sleep, clock watching, getting angry etc. I then had to try and function in this wretched state the following day.

Gradually, my sleeplessness has become worse and i'm lucky to get two or three hours sleep, followed by another day feeling so sick and tired and bloody awful, trying to look after my two kids.

It doesn't matter how tired i am, i just cannot fall asleep! I now dread going to bed!
I have taken a couple of the diazepam now and then which have some affect, but i still do not get enough sleep.

Doc wants me to start the cit, but the kids break up from school today and i can't cope with the horrible side affects plus trying to be mum all day and night and no sleep etc. Last time i was on anti depressants, the side affects were appalling for weeks!

Doc made it clear i won't be getting anymore diazepam when they run out. Should i swap the diazepam at night for the temazepam? I'm so exhausted i can't make decisions and i don't know what to do for the best. :shrug:

Anyone else have sleeping problems? Does anyone know of maybe a herbal remedy? Any advice would be appreciated more than you know. If i could just get a good few nights sleep i'll be back on track. Thanks so much. xxx