PDA

View Full Version : Breathing!

MidnightCalm
19-07-12, 18:15
Always either too fast or too slow, too shallow or too deep, never feels just right! I hate this, my breathing just doesn't feel normal and it makes my whole body feel odd, when it's slow I'm slow and weak, when it's fast I feel rushed and dizzy. It's never normal and the worrying just makes it worse, can't even walk far from house without it getting worse and worse. Only thing tht brigns relief is getting drunk :( x

mrmj
19-07-12, 21:38
Hey, clearly shows there is nothing really wrong if it goes when you are drunk! Sounds like a breathing pattern disorder like I had. Search on Amazon for a book called breathing pattern disorders by Dinah Bradley. Great book and so easy to understand. I went to see her and she fixed my breathing brilliantly, and all her ways are in the book. (bit hard to see her as she is in NZ) good luck!

sebinkent
20-07-12, 00:06
It's a vicious circle - you become anxious for whatever reason, that affects your breathing pattern, you then worry about why you're breathing too fast or erratically or why you feel short of breath which creates more anxiety and the cycle continues..I had this everyday for seven months until I learnt to relax (easier said than done, I know!) It also helped to get reassurance that there was nothing wrong with my lungs. I realised that I was over-breathing all the time (chronic hyperventilation) I learnt to correct my breathing by using my nose to breath in and out as much as possible - too much oxygen and too little carbon dioxide in the body creates horrible symptoms..

I can recommend the Dinah Bradley book too..