PDA

View Full Version : Concerned

ScottyW
19-07-12, 20:33
Hi guys,

I just wanted to know if anybody experienced anything similar with regards to Depression. First of all my anxiety has pretty much disappeared and has recently turned into a pretty bad case of Depression. The real concern for me right now is that I have a family that don't understand or show any support, if I go to them with a problem I get a short answer back, almost like I've done something wrong. Several times I have asked them to research Depression to get a better picture of what I'm going through - I don't know if they have done that or not. (if they have they obviously didn't research it enough). Another concern would be with friends, I'm always getting the why are you being miserable, you have always have a mood on you etc. The guys don't know about my situation, although one guy does know and has been a completely different person since which has left me pretty low. I'm a quietly determined person and I'm battling away everyday to become better, but the luck I seem to have is an absolute nightmare. Years ago I could attract girls but now I struggle to attract girls. I'm always very nice and polite, I like to think I'm good looking enough. It's almost as if the gentleman type doesn't quite work anymore.

Hope you guys can relate to some of that.
Cheers,
Scott

theharvestmouse
19-07-12, 21:19
People do struggle to understand, I always think about how I felt before I had any of these problems, I would not have understood anxiety and depression if it has not happened to me. Its one of those things that unless you've had it then its difficult to understand.

With regards to women, just be yourself, you cant please everyone, don't change who you are, if you are a gentleman then some girls will like that. Just try to be positive that you are less anxious, and you can always go to your GP to seek help for depression.

ScottyW
19-07-12, 22:45
People do struggle to understand, I always think about how I felt before I had any of these problems, I would not have understood anxiety and depression if it has not happened to me. Its one of those things that unless you've had it then its difficult to understand.

With regards to women, just be yourself, you cant please everyone, don't change who you are, if you are a gentleman then some girls will like that. Just try to be positive that you are less anxious, and you can always go to your GP to seek help for depression.

I guess but I would always be considerate to someone suffering mentally. I suppose some people just expect everyone to have no problems. Sometimes the attitude in this country is to have no sympathy.

Thanks I will try, I've been told in the past that I'd be a good catch for someone, I hope that turns out to be true.

Scott.

theharvestmouse
20-07-12, 16:26
To have a family who don't understand or don't even try to is unfortunate. Depression and anxiety is serious, that's the trouble with people who just disregard it, then they suddenly ask questions when its often too late.