PDA

View Full Version : Unknown bug bites.. Freaked out about Lyme

hempchick
20-07-12, 00:53
Hello all, I got bitten by some kind of insect over 4 July, and I still have the bites. They seemed like they were getting better for a a while, then they turned a bit purple, and then I accidentally scratched one and now they are much bigger and puffy and warm to the touch. They don't look like any bite I have ever seen. I know that tick bites usually have a scab and a ring around them, but these bites don't.
I am freaking myself out because lately I have been feeling lightheaded and very tired, and I don't know if that is due to dehydration, lack of proper sleep, or what I am most afraid of, something to do with these bites. I have a phone appointment later. Does anybody else freak out about things like this?

beauty
20-07-12, 09:17
I can understand why you are afraid and its not silly at all. The chances are the bites are nothing to worry about and have just become infected due to the fact that you acidentally caught one of them.

You've done the right thing in getting an appointment, although it will probably put your mind at rest more if someone can actually see the bites and give an opinion. Is going in for an actual appointment with a doctor an option?

countrygirl
20-07-12, 11:05
See your from the USA and we mostly seem to be from UK. In UK the only thing we have to worry about are tick bites and Lymes thankfully as we don't have any other diseases tranferred by mossie bits but don't know if thats same as you in USA.

Sure you just have irritated and possibly infected mossie bits but good that you are speaking to your Dr.

I live by a salt marsh ( see washed marsh) and have terrible mossie problems starting beg August and everyone gets big bites! I have found that for me as soon as I get the huge red hot itchy lump I put neat tea tree oil on it for 24 hrs plus anti histamine cream and the worst if over in 2 days with the lump gone totally in a week.

I know someone who had lymes due to deer tick and he had the tell tale bulls eye rash and he has what seemed to be flu, raised temperature and severe flu aches. He was fine after anti biotics.