PDA

View Full Version : severe anxiety for son starting new school

sazlebazle
20-07-12, 06:04
hi i posted before about changing my sons school where ive been ill lately and decided to go for it and reduce my hours at work for a couple of days ive felt fine but last night its all come back ive been up all night and im worried what if he dosent make friends gets picked on isint happy he is 9 and was settled well at school before but i was having to do an hour round trip to take him there and back etc i was hoping this was going to be the fresh start we both needed but now i feel like ive made the completely wrong decision any reassurance greatly received thanks

waunder
20-07-12, 06:39
As long as you are there for him he can get through the hard times. Children have to learn their own coping skills. Talk to him, ask him what he wants and if things get hard what you both can do to get through it. Sometimes just talking it out can open the door to being a stronger and wiser person. Never stop learning about yourself, him and life. Hugs from one loving mom to another.

sazlebazle
20-07-12, 17:51
well the day came and i took him out and he is devastated :( hasent stopped crying allday which is making me down and anxious i have a horrible feeling ive done the wrong thing maybe i should have kept on trying to get through my anxiety demonds