PDA

View Full Version : Fungal infections.

countrygirl
20-07-12, 11:09
I have always been prone to fungal skin infections but suddenly I have developed multiple fungal infections. I had a red sore patch on my gum that dentist thought was fungal and this has now cleared up but at same time I had bad attack of athletes foot again cleared up with treatment.
Then today I have got a patch of ring worm ( I had this one before 20 years ago so know what it looks like) on my body where skin touches so am treating that and am now wondering if I also have thrush so sending a swab off for that.
I am not diatetic as just tested my fasting glucose with my husband machine:D and it was completely normal.
My husband has also had a fungal infection a few weeks ago.

I know its very wet and humid in UK at moment and wondered if this could be causing the problem or if I need to see Dr.
I had full blood mot tests just 6 weeks ago and all was normal.

Darwin73
21-07-12, 12:52
Hi Countrygirl
I have suffered from ringworm on and off for the past 20 years and I have 2 parches of it on my chest at the moment. The first couple of times I had it I treated it with antigungal cream (as prescribed), but now I just leave it and it goes away eventually by itself. With me, it seems to flare up when I am low (at the moment I have a cold, and various deficiencies). I'm sure it's just "one of those things", particularly as your recent fbc was all fine:)