PDA

View Full Version : Story of Citalopram

sharinglife
20-07-12, 11:21
So..... Day 4 of no Citalopram after taking 40mg for around 10 years. Cut down (without GP discussion) to 20mg in March. Had intended to go down to 10mg but ran out so here we are. Dizzy and off balance, more frequent trips to the toilet, more alert and high sex drive. No sickness or sweats like I've had in the past. Monitoring myself and moods daily to ensure I'm not taking it out on others asa I have a wonderful Husband and 3 amazing kids. The problems I had 10 years ago, I certainly don't have now and with life experience and rationale, am hoping that I wont be a "genetic" or "hereditary" case. Whilst there is no shame in that, I am a strong believer in being independent where possible and at this minute, am pretty pissed off at feeling like a slave to these pills. Wish me luck! I will post (very honestly) anything I come up against for anyone else in the same position. Well done to everyone, regardless of being on medication or not in coping and living with any mental health issue. I've always promoted the benefits of medication but feel at this stage in my life, the ability to establish whether or not it is a necessity. Thanks for reading and enjoy life wherever you can :) xx