PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

sixis
20-07-12, 16:19
Hi all,

I am Simon just joined up on this site - I did suffer with Anxiety and Panic for many years but eventually I did get better. I had been panic attack free for about five years and my anxiety was back to only normal anxiety for about 3 years.

Three weeks ago though I had a relapse and suddenly found myself having a panic attack then all last week every night I had at least one panic attack. I strongly suspect this is because this is the first time in many years I am living on my own - I have two lodgers and they both moved out at a similar time. I already have 2 new lodgers arranged to move in next month though.

Well this site is great reminder of all that I had to learn and deal with and has been a big refresher. Some things you learn to cope like breathing exercises deep relaxation etc come straight back to me but the positive self talk etc takes a while to get working again but it seems to be starting to work - as I am already seeing big improvements - If only I could have seen improvements so quickly the first time this happened to me!

Well hopefully I will be able to get my self back on track and will be able to offer some advice to anybody else where I can.

Thanks

nomorepanic
20-07-12, 16:30
Hi sixis

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.