PDA

View Full Version : Some support needed :-(

LucyLiz
21-07-12, 01:09
This website helped get me through some pretty bleak times and fortunately of late it's just been used as a nightly comfort however I find myself tonight pretty desperate for support. Just coming to the end of a week's holiday in Devon with my family. I waited for this for a long time after 4 very hard years. Also my anxiety has been very low and manageable for a good few months. Anyway, the first day we got here I developed a cold. Was gutted because it made me feel rotten. Next thing I started getting some very odd sensations when I was watching tv. Not physical, purely mental feeling, like something suddenly changed in my brain. I ignored it initially but it started happening more and more to the point where I'm thinking about it constantly and anxious sethimg is going on up there. Tonight after a week of worry had a panic attack in bed after feeling very uncomfortable with my chest (now have a full blown chest infection) and these sensations. My husband told me to move to another room of I'd wake the baby so now I'm laying in the spare room on my own just trying to keep it together. I just want to go home. Pathetic coming from a 27 year old mum I know but god I just need someone to tell me it's going to be okay because it doesn't feel like its going to be :-(

shadowplay
21-07-12, 01:26
Hello, sorry to see you're having a difficult time. Try to take some deep breaths and know this will pass. It always does. You're not alone. I suffer from anxiety and panic practically 24/7 but that is solely because I seem to allow myself to fall into that loop of bad thinking.
Just try to relax and think of all the wonderful things you have in life right now. A loving husband and beautiful baby.
Best wishes and try to stay positive.
:hugs:

LucyLiz
21-07-12, 01:38
It always does, I know but it's so hard to get in that rationale frame of mind when in the middle of a PA. it's incredible what thinking can do really! Cbt for months taught me to stop that negative thought cycle but it's out the window right now! Thank you for your response - especially at this hour :-) x

lozenge
21-07-12, 01:55
I know it's hard, but try to remember that however scared you feel, it is only a temporary sensation and that you're safe. I'm very sorry to hear you're not feeling well and I hope you feel better soon. If you can, try to distract yourself with happy thoughts or anything that will take all your attention. It may not feel like it right now, but the feeling won't last forever and tomorrow is a new day :)
Best wishes and stay strong!