PDA

View Full Version : Can't control feelings and getting worried.

needtochange
21-07-12, 17:39
Hi guys, this is my first time on here so I hope I've posted in the correct place?

For a few days now I've been googling to see if I can find some reasons why I act and feel the way I do, or am I just a nutter, or a horrible irrational woman.

This has been going on for as long as I can remember, and I'm sick of making excuses for my behaviour so I need it sorting ASAP.

My glass is always half empty (but if I'm talking about an actual drink, it would be half full, weird huh?)

I lose my temper at the slightest thing. It could be anywhere and with anyone who upsets/angers me.

When it happens, I know I can feel myself getting angry and upset as my heart starts to beat like mad, my head feels fuzzy and tears spring to my eyes and I think most of the time I shoot my mouth off because if I didn't, I'd burst out crying, but I don't know why, as it could be over something absolutely pathetic.

Certain things have to be done a certain way and if they aren't, I go off on one.

Sometimes, I'll scream and shout about whatever has upset me at that moment, then my mind thinks of everything else which annoys and upsets me, and so I bring those things up too, but I don't know why????

I've got nothing to complain about. I'm married to a wonderful man (who has his faults, don't we all, but doesn't deserve the way I snap at him), have 3 beautiful children, have a lovely home, we have a car, we go abroad on holidays, so there is no good reason for me to act this way.

I'm bitter about certain things, I can't let go of the past (people who have wronged me), I think sometimes that I know best and nobody elses way will do and I'm very opinionated. Sometimes I will sit and ponder and think about things from way back and wonder why I didn't do this or didn't say that at the time.

On the other hand, I am VERY loyal and will do anything to protect my family and friends. My family (immediate family, ie husband, children and parents) are everything to me, that's why I can't understand why I snap at them.

Why am I so upset and angry all the time?

Why does the slightest thing make me see red?

I wouldn't know where to start if I went to see my GP about this, has anyone been in the same boat and can give me some advice please?

I know it's bad now, as I am thinking every day that I need to curb it, and I still end up snapping, which is totally wrong.

Help :weep: