PDA

View Full Version : it's 5:30 AM and I'm having a panic attack

Dreamer49
22-07-12, 06:29
Hello everyone, I awoke at 5:30 AM (having gone to bed at 2:30 AM), went to the loo, got back into bed and started to get that old familiar feeling - panic. So I quickly got dressed, took a diazepam to take the edge off, and went for a short walk. My goodness, it sounds like I am in control of this - I'm not! My present physical state is having a terrible effect on my panic attacks. I have put on weight over the past ten years and along with some arthritis in mt knees, I am finding it difficult to walk very far without pain in my legs and back. I am finding it very difficult to lose the weight as I tend to eat sweet junk to cheer myself up. I also smoke to keep the tension down, so although I know how to help myself, I feel I can't as I am worried that if I give my two "pleasures" up, I'll end up more stressed and have more panic attacks - talk about a downward spiral! I also have Tourettes Syndrom and OCD, so I have things I must do to keep these things at bay. I really hate feeling like this, but I find it difficult to get any proper help from doctors etc. I take clomipramine, having done so for the past 13 years; at first all my symptoms vanished asnd I felt "normal", but over the past year or so, I find it is not as effective. I have recently been advised to take three a day instead of two, but I don't think it has been very effective.

Oh well, that's a brief account of my story. I'm feeling calmer now after concentrating on writing this. Bye for now.

sallad
22-07-12, 06:37
You are not alone. I get those night and morning attacks too. It feels terrible. I know how lonely it can feel. We are part of a big anxiety club. Take care.