PDA

View Full Version : My anxiety has caused me to quit work

sallad
22-07-12, 06:35
I worked there for 2.5 years and the stress of the politics there {on top of the fact that my husband lost his job a year ago} made me literally shake and have ten to twelves severe panic attacks a day. One night I felt that my uterus had suddenly dropped. I went to the clinic and the doc said I did have prolapse. It was so scary that my husband called my work and said I wouldn't be back. BUT on further invetigation, it had been a misdiagnosis and I just have a lower uterus but it isn't dropped. I decided I couldn't go back regardless. I have so so much guilt over this. I made it seem like I still did have a woman's issue and that I needed time to deal with it. I feel like a bad person for not going back but at the same time the idea of trying to work is more than I can bear.
I did get accepted into journalism school for Sept and even won a scholarship, but I am 42 and anxiety has caused me to lie to people and hide the real me. I am tired of it....:doh:

BobbyDog
22-07-12, 10:06
Welcome Sallad, I can relate to your story, you are not alone.:welcome:

Serenitie
22-07-12, 14:01
You're not alone Sallad. You have no reason to feel bad. Be kind to yourself and work towards rebuilding your heath. There is lots of support on here.