PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Shrimp37
22-07-12, 09:00
Hi everybody. I have been reading NMP for the best part of a year now. I have decided to join in the hope of increasing my support. I started having Anxiety attacks last September, completely out of the blue. I think the main problem for me is that it has knocked my confidence and the more I worry about having an episode, the more I have them. My first two were whilst I was out with friends so now I avoid doing that as much as I can. My doc gave me 40mg Propranolol to take as and when needed and I have been slowly learning to cope with the aid of these tablets. Looking back, I have had a busy two years (moving house 3 times, relocating with work, buy out at work which dragged on and on) and perhaps this is where it all started. After discussing my medication and my circumstances with my Doctor, he suggested Citalopram. I've got it at home but haven't plucked up the courage yet! NMP has really helped me understand both sets of medication and how I am feeling. Yesterday I bought some Pure Inositol, I am hoping the Citalopram can stay in the box. Thanks for listening.

nomorepanic
22-07-12, 09:10
Hi Shrimp37

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

BobbyDog
22-07-12, 10:03
Hi Shrimp37,

I tried Inositol for a couple of weeks, I perhaps did not give it a chance to work, but, I didn't notice a change, only that it upset my stomach, I hope that it works for you, if not - Citalopram? You have probably read all the negative stories about starting Citalopram. The first time I took it many years ago, I did not notice any starting side effects, so as you say it may be worth a try if you don't feel any benefit from the Inositol.
:welcome: