PDA

View Full Version : Oops not my best move...

Em.ma
22-07-12, 21:24
My friends 18th was thurs night so I went clubbing with her and a few others. Had way to much to drink had a laugh and a dance but slept with a man unprotected ... Got up 6am went to work fri morning and felt like death but didn't brush teeth thurs night or fri morning. So went thurs morn to fri night without brushing now I have two areas of gum bleeding. Might be cuts though I think it is but still scared. I look after them well this was a one off but now terrified of tooth decay. This is self inflicted which makes it worse I'm just a mess. I have an app with nurse next week re unprotected but still worrying even though there's not much else I can do now. Silly girl slap on the wrist for me.

---------- Post added at 21:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:15 ----------

Also tummy hurts. Fridge was left open slightly last night I closed it at 3am ish but woke up and had a milkshake at 5am that was left in an open fridge for hours scareddd

relika
22-07-12, 22:20
You had unprotected intercourse with someone and you worry about tooth decay? :huh: Unless you are on birth control, I would be more worried about being pregnant or having an STD.

I'm sure your teeth and gums are fine. Everyone has got bleeding gums every once in a while, I don't think not brushing your teeth for this amount of time will contribute much tot that.
And the tummy ache is probably from you worrying. I also left the fridge open accidentally for a day while I was out to work and everything in there was still fine after that. No worries :hugs:, but please make sure you get tested properly for pregnancy or STD's.

mikewales
23-07-12, 07:54
I agree with the above, forget your teeth, get checked for STD's as you don't know where that man has been before you !

willous1
23-07-12, 08:54
Yep, completely forget about the teeth and milkshake. The milkshake would have given you a bad tummy for a few hours at worst and the teeth thing is normal. With regards to the unprotected sex, do not feel guilty and put it to a positive spin by knowing you will be more careful in the future. If the are any std's then the sooner there found and rid of the better
Just remember, everyone has had these nights and millions will.

Em.ma
28-07-12, 22:37
hello
got tested all clear
hiv test in 6 months not really worried about it x
thhanks

southey
29-07-12, 12:55
An HIV test is conclusive and final at THREE months past potential exposure. You can test at SIX weeks past exposure and the result at this time is highly indicative of your status and usually will not change but the THREE month test is still needed and final.

Whoever told you to test at SIX months is spouting damaging mis-information.

Also testing for Syphilis takes several weeks to get reliable results so is worth retesting for.

Great your not concerned about the HIV test, the chances of getting this incredibly fragile virus from a one time event are quite small.

Steve.

Magic
29-07-12, 14:22
Emma,
Have you thought about being pregnant? or the morning after pill. unless you are already on it. Someone I know caught genital worts by having a one night stand.
Please take care:unsure:

Em.ma
29-07-12, 19:05
hiya
not pregnant did test and period
also my doc said come back in 6 months re hiv

southey
29-07-12, 19:31
Then your Doc' needs a refresher course on HIV testing protocols.

Telling a patient they need to wait six months for a HIV test is very poor advice:lac:

Steve.

willous1
30-07-12, 08:47
Then your Doc' needs a refresher course on HIV testing protocols.

Telling a patient they need to wait six months for a HIV test is very poor advice:lac:

Steve.

As usual, you are spot on Steve.

After 6 weeks, the test should pretty much be conclusive. After 3 months 100%.

The positives on this are that you can move on and make sure in the future you don't have these worries. I'm saying this because of the agony and anxiety I went through by having unprotected sex, one night stands etc then one day after being tested I was so relieved that I just didn't put myself in that position again. HIV is a worry but there's other more common things.

Sounds like your all good Emma, so no worries.