PDA

View Full Version : doctor for anxiety?

Adz123
22-07-12, 21:49
Hey I posted a couple weeks ago on here. I always had anxiety but for the past two months I have experience a lot of anxiety since I fainted on holiday (I was heavily drinking). I have times where its bad and I think I need to go the doctor and other times im fine. For example today I had a big anxiety attach today however I think it to do with the past couple days :-

thursday – went out driking till 3am
friday worked 1-9
saturday – worked 6-9 then went out drinking again straight after till 230am
today – went to my friends house

I was ok (felt a little bit anxious) and then my friends got on to a conversation in the car about people having seizures at the wheel and that which made to very anxious. I know its stupid but there was the “what if” scenario going around in my head during their convo which made me feel really edgy and worried. I know it stupid to think this as I dont have headaches, memory loss,mood swing and that but it kept going around in my head and I felt I had to google my anxiety symptoms to reassure me it was fine. Is this normal?

I don’t want to tell my family as I don’t want to worry them but I do talk with my mates about them. I am thinking would a anti-anxiety medication be good for me however I don’t wanna go on any anti-depressant related stuff as I am a very happy person and not depressed at all (just very anxious) What do you think?