PDA

View Full Version : Feeling dizzy/giddy for no reason, could it be from heavy weight lifting?

Mark_P
22-07-12, 22:08
Yesterday I was lifting heavy in the gym, and after I left the gym I had a horrible headache. Then later I got home and felt lightheaded & giddy. The headache went after I had eaten something. But today I've felt lightheaded too. I am just wondering if maybe the pulling movements I was doing in the gym because I probably overworked myself.

What do you think?

JonoClouds
22-07-12, 22:17
Mark

I think dehydration!
I used to do a lot of weights, and dehydration was always a potential problem.
It's warmer weather at the moment, which makes things a bit more difficult due to increased perspiration.

You mentioned that eating helped. So maybe you experienced low blood-sugar, depleted by all that hard work.

Maybe you really did just overdo it! It's easy to push yourself too far, as I have frequently found to my own cost.

Anyway, assuming that the light-headedness eases, I'd eat a banana before the next session, keep a bottle of water handy and set realistic goals for the workout.

Cheers - Jono

Mark_P
22-07-12, 22:48
Mark

I think dehydration!
I used to do a lot of weights, and dehydration was always a potential problem.
It's warmer weather at the moment, which makes things a bit more difficult due to increased perspiration.

You mentioned that eating helped. So maybe you experienced low blood-sugar, depleted by all that hard work.

Maybe you really did just overdo it! It's easy to push yourself too far, as I have frequently found to my own cost.

Anyway, assuming that the light-headedness eases, I'd eat a banana before the next session, keep a bottle of water handy and set realistic goals for the workout.

Cheers - Jono

You mentioned blood sugar, well I've been intermittent fasting at the moment. Which means I stop eating at about 10pm at night, then I fast until after the gym which is about 3pm. So maybe that contributes too. I just thought I'd ask in case anyway has had the same problems and wanted to share. But thanks for your reply.