PDA

View Full Version : Can Anxiety Affect Your Voice?

Trish
23-07-12, 11:10
I have had a croaky voice now for 3 weeks, it sounds like I have a sore throat but I haven't. My GP is arranging an ENT appt for me... not that she thinks there is anything wrong as this happened to me about 3 years ago and nothing was found.

So I'm thinking could this be anxiety?

Can anyone relate to this?

Thanks

Trish.

countrygirl
24-07-12, 12:22
I get this alot if I am super stressed and its due to the muscles in your thraot tightening up affecting our voicebox BUT like you I also saw ent about it so they could totally rule out a problem with my voicebox. At my appt they numbed my throat with a spray and then put a camera up my nose that went down to my voicebox and i had to make noises ( quite funny) and my voicebox was fine. I am telling you about this so you won't be panicked if the consultant suddenly sprays up your nose!!! The one I saw didn't say a word to me he just shot forward and sprayed up one nostril and it was the nurse who explained what he was going to do ( silly man).
I found the proceedure not bad at all, only time it felt odd was when they pulled the camera out but not painful. You cannot eat or drink due to having numb throat for about half hour afterwards but the results are instant which is great.