PDA

View Full Version : sudden weak/collapsing legs?!

lindajane1971
23-07-12, 12:50
Hi Everyone, hope you are all doing well today :)

I'm having another random wee panic - visiting my sister, all things going well, while going to the car to come home, my legs just randomly feel like they are going to collapse, i didn't feel like i was going to faint or anything, it was just the legs!!!
So i drive home and the anxiety starts to kick in, sweaty palms, nausea, lightheadeness, and the "what if....." thoughts are swimming round my head.
I came in, had a bowl of soup thinking maybe i was low on fuel, but so far i don't feel any better.

Why does my body do this to me???? Its just bamboozling me!!
My sister is coming to mine soon and we are going shopping with our kids, now though i really don't want to go, im scared my legs will collapse when im in the shop with them :(

Fed up with this :(

matrix123
23-07-12, 13:21
Hey Linda,
sorry to hear you're having issues. Leg problems are my biggest issue since my HA has started. I had the feeling that they were going to collapse about 2 months ago, but I had to drive to my hometown for 4 hours with a manual gearbox car and was scared as hell I would stop in the middle of the road. However everything went fine...although the legs felt really weak. It did go away after a few days. So I would say it's definitely anxiety.

Mountainclimber
23-07-12, 13:48
When you get this feeling, keep telling yourself theres nothing wrong with your legs, and it will pass. Good luck

Magic
23-07-12, 14:02
I have the same trouble. When i am out shopping I have to take a break and sit down. It becomes embarrasing when you are out with someone .
I don't think it is anxiety with me, because my legs ache all the time
I'm off to GPs tomorrow
Take care

lindajane1971
25-07-12, 18:28
how did you get on at the gp magic???
I'm having anxiety right now!!