PDA

View Full Version : Looking for friends & support - Hello to all!

Aubrey
23-07-12, 13:45
I have visited this forum on and off regularly for years. I am now taking my first steps into reaching out for help as my anxiety has become incredibly overwhelming in this past year.

I have suffered with anxiety since i was 15 (i am now 21) and i have often reached out to family members/doctors/friends to help me, but after so many bad experiences with people not understanding or people laughing at me, i came to believe i could just do it all alone.

I'd always found ways to deal with my anxiety when going out or being around other people, but since having my baby last year it has gotten increasingly worse. I have become incredibly isolated and i have lost all self-respect and confidence. :weep: I rarely go out anymore and even the safest of places feel scary now.

I have arranged a doctors appointment (with a new doctor) in a couple of weeks time, where i will tell them all of my concerns. I am hoping that CBT may work for me.

I have so much to be happy and thankful for in my life, but i hate the feeling of my anxiety taking over. I want to reach out to people in similar situations, and make friends to share support and encourage confidence.

Thanks for listening, lovely to be here and lovely to meet you all :hugs:

BobbyDog
23-07-12, 13:52
Hey Aubrey,

Hopefully you will feel a little less lonely now you have joined NMP.

:welcome:

nomorepanic
23-07-12, 13:56
Hi Aubrey

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Mountainclimber
23-07-12, 14:05
welcome, to the show. Lots of friends here to help you. Be strong, positive and happy :)

gem7
23-07-12, 16:40
i know how u feel i understand i suffer from anxiety and its gotten worse i hardly leave the house anymore too cos of the way i am if u ever want to chat feel free to pm me your not alone in this x

Aubrey
24-07-12, 15:02
Hello everyone and thank you for the warm welcomes :hugs: x

Jon1979
24-07-12, 15:22
Hello Aubrey & :welcome:

Jon :)