PDA

View Full Version : Had blood test done today and now Im really scared

miniholly
23-07-12, 21:16
Hi,
So today I had a blood test done and the nurse said I was having a full blood count and beingtested for wheat intolerance as I suspected I had lactose intolerance but I was never told I was getting a full blood count and I am now petfrified I have luekimia or lymphoma I feel so miserable and scared I get the results back Thursday and its going to be torture I dont thinkI can cope, help please? :( Im so so scared xx

nomorepanic
23-07-12, 21:25
They always do FBC's though

nomorepanic
23-07-12, 22:33
I am guessing my reply didn't help so have a read of this:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Blood-tests/Pages/What-it-is-used-for.aspx

countrygirl
24-07-12, 12:16
As Nicolas says you are just having standard mot blood tests as the Drs call them. Whenevr they need to take blood for any reason as in testing you for possible gluten allergy they also to the full blood count as this gives them a good picture of your general health. They are not doing it because they think they will find anything wrong just like taking your car for a mot.

Hypo
24-07-12, 18:29
I get some blood work on Thursday and just posted about it before I read this.

I am scared too.. I usually watch the needle go in but I couldn't incase my blood looked a funny colour!!!!

Please PM me if you need to chat more.

miniholly
24-07-12, 22:33
Hi thanks for posting everyone, I wasnt necessarily worried about the fact my doc booked me for a FBC but just more worried to what the results will be sorry for the confusion its hard to make sense mid panic attack haha.

And thank you Hypo :) I will post again on this thread on Thursday with the results

Hypo
25-07-12, 08:49
Im calling in a bit to see if mine are through.

If they tell me they are ok I will cancel Thursdays appointment. If they tell me I need to be seen I have to wait until tomorrow evening to see my GP.

I have already been on the toilet all morning out of fear.

miniholly
26-07-12, 21:58
Hi hun did you get your results back? Mine came back all normal xxx