PDA

View Full Version : Ears Ringing Pressure behind eyes floaters?

Worrier12
24-07-12, 09:51
Hi Guys,

I'm not looking for a diagnosis, just looking to see if anyone else has these symptoms. I'm aware I've been experiencing severe health anxiety which is running my life for 2 months now - started with heart 'skipped beats'.

I am getting immense pressure behind my eyes, lightheadedness, pressure at top of nose, temple and around eyes, seeing LOADS of floaters (never seen them before) this affects my ability to look at a PC screen, depth perception feels weird - it's as if there is a layer of coloured dots in front of everything on the screen. My eyes ache all day long. This has been for 3 weeks now. For 3 months I've had pressure in my ears, ringing in my ears in quiet room (dull). Every now and then for 30 seconds I get this wave of pressure through my head then one of my ears will ring and feel numb, then it returns to normal.

I get spasms, near my anus, my thumb spasms (feels like something is riveting near it/pulling it), my legs spasm when trying to sleep. My veins seem really thick.

Saw two different opticians who said slightly long sighted (+0.75) but didn't think that was casuing the pressure pain. She couldn't see anything wrong with the health of my eyes. Had blood tests (awaiting results), been to A&E who suggested Menieres for the ringing, although looking at symptoms I don't think so. Saw a doctor just now to be refered to an ENT, and as he knows I have anxiety, he looked at me like an idiot the minute I walked in the door, almost mocking me, and just said your body checking your fine, it's normal to get thick hard veins, pressure behind your eyes/head, floaters, fluttering feeling in head, ringing in ears etc etc.

My thoughts on what it could be are brain tumor (Iknow probably stupid), or sinus problems, or MS.

I know nobody is a doctor here, but am I really just stuck in a viscious circle, and body checking? I don't feel like I go looking for problems, they come, and then I panick about them. This is ruining my life :(

cattia
24-07-12, 22:10
I have had all of the things you describe and they are definitely worse when my anxiety is bad. I believe that they are caused by unconscious tensing of the neck muscles which basically sends everything in your head out of whack. I have had floaters, flashing lights, headaches, ear pressure, all sorts. I believe that mine is anxiety related as when I am in a good place with my anxiety I don't notice it.

Worrier12
24-07-12, 22:16
Thanks really appreciate your response. Doctor told me it's tension. It's crazy how much anxiety can affect your body physically. There really should be more clear information available from doctors about these symptoms

universe102
08-12-16, 04:24
Hi Guys,

I'm not looking for a diagnosis, just looking to see if anyone else has these symptoms. I'm aware I've been experiencing severe health anxiety which is running my life for 2 months now - started with heart 'skipped beats'.

I am getting immense pressure behind my eyes, lightheadedness, pressure at top of nose, temple and around eyes, seeing LOADS of floaters (never seen them before) this affects my ability to look at a PC screen, depth perception feels weird - it's as if there is a layer of coloured dots in front of everything on the screen. My eyes ache all day long. This has been for 3 weeks now. For 3 months I've had pressure in my ears, ringing in my ears in quiet room (dull). Every now and then for 30 seconds I get this wave of pressure through my head then one of my ears will ring and feel numb, then it returns to normal.

I get spasms, near my anus, my thumb spasms (feels like something is riveting near it/pulling it), my legs spasm when trying to sleep. My veins seem really thick.

Saw two different opticians who said slightly long sighted (+0.75) but didn't think that was casuing the pressure pain. She couldn't see anything wrong with the health of my eyes. Had blood tests (awaiting results), been to A&E who suggested Menieres for the ringing, although looking at symptoms I don't think so. Saw a doctor just now to be refered to an ENT, and as he knows I have anxiety, he looked at me like an idiot the minute I walked in the door, almost mocking me, and just said your body checking your fine, it's normal to get thick hard veins, pressure behind your eyes/head, floaters, fluttering feeling in head, ringing in ears etc etc.

My thoughts on what it could be are brain tumor (Iknow probably stupid), or sinus problems, or MS.

I know nobody is a doctor here, but am I really just stuck in a viscious circle, and body checking? I don't feel like I go looking for problems, they come, and then I panick about them. This is ruining my life :(

Hey I am having all the same problems every day for 3 months now, and I have the same fears as you. What did it end up being??